Tax on presents

Old May 1st 2016, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax on presents

Can anyone one advise the magic cost at which no nz tax is levied please.
Old May 1st 2016, 7:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax on presents

depends on what the item is you need to check out this:

What's My Duty? | Duty Estimator

on the right in the blue box click on Importer and go through it. if the items work out to under $60 payment to customs then there should be no cost. over $60 then there is a cost.
Old May 1st 2016, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
depends on what the item is you need to check out this:

What's My Duty? | Duty Estimator

on the right in the blue box click on Importer and go through it. if the items work out to under $60 payment to customs then there should be no cost. over $60 then there is a cost.
Don't think that is right - there is a gifts concession of $110, but not sure if the $60 'allowance' is on top of that.

Peter
Old May 1st 2016, 8:46 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

aahh ok so thats someone sending you a gift. the calculator is for you ordering from overseas.

So if less that $110 no customs duty but if over then duty on the amount over and not on the full cost as in buying from overseas and delivery here, will be payable. The cost of that will depend on the amount over and not sure if there is a calculator for that. maybe have a look round the site I gave you the link for as it is the customs site.