British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Tax Credits!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/tax-credits-516009/)

hjmilligan Feb 21st 2008 12:39 am

Tax Credits!!

Checked UK bank today through the internet and i don't believe it!!
Tax credit people have gave me 6,792.00 pounds!!!!
I wrote a letter before Christmas saying to stop payments as i noticed that they paid a credit into my bank. The letter stated that i no longer live in the UK and gave them our end of year monies earnt before we left!!

Now i know they have made a mistake,but what do i do now!!!:unsure:

Helen

simonmarkellis Feb 21st 2008 12:57 am

Re: Tax Credits!!

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 5962001)
I wrote a letter before Christmas saying to stop payments as i noticed that they paid a credit into my bank. The letter stated that i no longer live in the UK and gave them our end of year monies earnt before we left!!

Helen

I understand Fiji is very nice!:rofl::rofl:;)

dreamfish Feb 21st 2008 2:23 am

i really laid into them last night - i told them november we were leaving, they have a record of that convo - yet they have still continued to pay me!!!

there is an overpayments department. as much as you would like to keep it, you cant.

if you have a high earning savings account, such as ING, might be worth you popping it in there - even if you earn yourself £20 or so by the time they get their arses in gear, will pay your telephone bill!!

Their overpayments number is - 0845 302 1429

Good luck"

TeamEmbo Feb 21st 2008 8:38 am

:confused: didn't think you could dial 0845 or 0800 (UK low call / freefone) numbers from NZ? We couldn't anyway last year when we tried. Has this changed now? Or is there some other code we should dial first?

dreamfish Feb 21st 2008 8:39 am

i just dialled 0161 44 845...

0161 gets you cheaper international calls

worked for me (but 0800 dont)

TeamEmbo Feb 21st 2008 8:46 am

Oh ok, thanks. We don't use 0161 for cheap international calls, we use 0505 - so if maybe something to do with our telephone provider that we can't dial 0845 numbers perhaps. But thanks anyway. :thumbup:

TeamEmbo Feb 21st 2008 8:47 am

Helen, would suggest you phone the overpayments department - you never know, it could be RIGHT and then you can get off to Fiji!!!! :rofl: Let us know how you get on.

jads Feb 21st 2008 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 5962001)

Helen

Hi

Sorry dont know, but couldnt help noticing stevie G avatar, he scored a fantastic goal on tuesday. We are a family of Liverpool supporters looking at moving to the CHCH area later this year, how long have you been there and how are things going.

Cheers Jads

Yotty Feb 21st 2008 3:57 pm

Better fit those locking wheel nuts in CHC then! :rofl:

hjmilligan Feb 21st 2008 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 5962233)
i really laid into them last night - i told them november we were leaving, they have a record of that convo - yet they have still continued to pay me!!!

there is an overpayments department. as much as you would like to keep it, you cant.

if you have a high earning savings account, such as ING, might be worth you popping it in there - even if you earn yourself £20 or so by the time they get their arses in gear, will pay your telephone bill!!

Their overpayments number is - 0845 302 1429

Good luck"

Hi,
Thanks for the phone number,will give them a call as i does make me uneasy!
Will let you know how i get on.
Thanks guys! ;)

Helen

hjmilligan Feb 21st 2008 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by jads (Post 5964449)
Hi

Sorry dont know, but couldnt help noticing stevie G avatar, he scored a fantastic goal on tuesday. We are a family of Liverpool supporters looking at moving to the CHCH area later this year, how long have you been there and how are things going.

Cheers Jads

Hi, Jads
Yea,great goal watched it live on skytv here,its great as they play about 5 live games a week and we must ave watched most of the liverpool games.champion league,premier league (wont mention FA cup!!)
Moved here in June 2007 and live 25 mins outside CHC in Rangiora,we are really enjoyin it,kids love school and plenty to do at the weekends on your doorstep!!

Good luck with your plans and lets hope we can get to one final this season!

Helen;)