Reload this Page >

Tauranga New Zealand

Tauranga New Zealand

Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Steve Addis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tauranga New Zealand

Hi

We are thinking of emigrating to Tauranga. Wondered if anyone could give us any info on the place. We have 2 children aged 5 (boy) and girl aged 13. Could you recommend any good schools for them?

Thanks Steve
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Do a search on here and in the Oz/Nz immigration forum for "firing1" he and his family migrated to Tauranga - was in a tv programme about their move and has written a book on the subject - should get heaps of info that way and also if you pm him.

good luck
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:15 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tauranga New Zealand

Originally posted by Steve Addis
Hi

We are thinking of emigrating to Tauranga. Wondered if anyone could give us any info on the place. We have 2 children aged 5 (boy) and girl aged 13. Could you recommend any good schools for them?

Thanks Steve
Tauranga was one of the places we looked into going. Looks very nice however the house prices have :scared: over the last year or so.

Here is a link that may help with any other NZ questions you may have

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...p+for+beginers
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Tauranga is a nice place its close to the beach which is called Mount Maunganui (pronounced Mong ga noo ee) which is the main attraction to that area in general thats where me and Graham go when we go to the beach for the day. Its known just as "The Mount" when talking to people Tauranga is just another pretty ish town but its " The Mount" that is the attraction which is about 15 minutes away. Sorry I cant help you with info on schools or anything its not a huge city or anything tho and I dont think shopping would compare to anything in the UK either but it seems sufficient for the locals. The best shopping area is a complex called Bayfair which pretty much is the main one. Check out Papamoa too if you come over, its flash with a nice beach and lots of new houses are going up all the time. Its probably bout 20 minutes from the mount. Have fun in the sun you wont be dissapointed. (except maybe in the winter) Bye and good luck. Catherine.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,
check out my site www.newlifeinnz.bravehost.com for more info. Schools here are good and Zoe is at Mount Maunganui Intermediate. Tauranga is growing fast and the beach lifestyle is great in the summer. Population is just over 100,000 and there is plenty for the kids to do. Any questions drop me an email.

Paul G