Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tauranga golf please !!!!!

Tauranga golf please !!!!!

Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice
Smile Tauranga golf please !!!!!

Please for the love of god, someeone tell me where there is a decent driving range in Tauranga, or even a field where I can hit balls that doesn't have a no golf sign.
I looked at omanu today but didn't go in.....it doesnt look very friendly
Gripper golf driving range has dissapeared of the face of the earth (well 17th ave)......come on people, ask your husbands, wives, golfing friends....there must be somewhere to practice, without going to the expense of paying for a round of 18 holes..........aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 6:01 am
Just Joined

clarise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tauranga golf please !!!!!

Theres a driving range at Bayfair which you must have gone past if you went to Omanu or has that disappeared too?

We have friends that are members at Omanu and it is a friendly club,good social scene too. My husband used to work at Te Puke Golf Club which is also a friendly club. I will ask the hubby as he is the golfer.....I'm just the golf widow!!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice
Wink Re: Tauranga golf please !!!!!

I went to the range at Omanu just to have a look, I'll have to check it out properly but it looked more like a spit and sawdust joint from the outside
I cant believe the local golf courses haven't got driving ranges attached.
I have only been here for a month or so, and have seen, but not played (clubs hadn't arrived) Summerhill golf course up in Papamoa hills....picturesque but not a great course.
Te Puke on the other hand, looks outstanding.......does said hubby need any playing partners?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

clarise is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh hubby said the driving range isn't too good at Omanu but there isnt much choice around. The best options are Tauranga,Omanu,Mount,Te Puke for clubs and as far as he knows theres nothing much for ranges.
He says smash them out into the estuary and fetch them at low tide!

Unfortunately weve just moved to Auckland after living in Papamoa for 18months so he's not around for a hit.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

I seriously have lots of scruff balls and live overlooking a reserve full of bushes.....very tempting. It looks a new business venture then buying a huge plot and opening a driving range.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

positive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to all

Aah come on Gaz, you haven't got time for golf- There are menus to plan and floors to clean sweetheart. You haven't been using Millie as a caddie again have you? :thumbsup.
Lots of Love.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SparkyGaz
I seriously have lots of scruff balls and live overlooking a reserve full of bushes.....very tempting. It looks a new business venture then buying a huge plot and opening a driving range.
Have you tried the one on Oropi Rd?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:41 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

There are paddocks and Papamoa Pony Club fields in front of the dunes on Papamoa Beach Rd by Palm Beach Boulevard, often people whacking balls along there. Then you can pop in to mine for a drink too ...
Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

driving range opposite Bayfair attatched to the Golf club I go regularly
Old Sep 10th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby says there's a driving range in Sharp road near Katikati, on Ballantynes or Pacifica golf course.