Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tauranga Cinema Outing?

Tauranga Cinema Outing?

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:58 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Tauranga Cinema Outing?

Would anybody like to go and see The Diving Bell & The Butterfly at The Rialto in Tauranga?

http://www.rialtotauranga.co.nz/page...asp?filmid=312

Just thought it would be a nice chance to have a wine or two (allowed to take drinks in to the film - how civilised!) and a film I've wanted to see for sometime.

Anyone interested please post a reply and let me know days/times that might suit.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tauranga Cinema Outing?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Would anybody like to go and see The Diving Bell & The Butterfly at The Rialto in Tauranga?

Just thought it would be a nice chance to have a wine or two (allowed to take drinks in to the film - how civilised!) and a film I've wanted to see for sometime.

Anyone interested please post a reply and let me know days/times that might suit.
What a coincidence! A friend offered to loan me the book - will have to poke her in the eye, so that I can read it before seeing the film - would love to come - any time suits!

Do we bring our own alcoholic beverages, or buy them there?

Liz
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:45 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Up for it, is it a case of partners drop off and pick up, Can't make Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
Pauline
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Blimey....wine and subtitles....great combination Would love to join but need to check OH diary (and wallet ) before I commit...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Blimey....wine and subtitles....great combination Would love to join but need to check OH diary (and wallet ) before I commit...
I think I'm reading it right, that it's actually on in the daytime too if that suits people better? 11:15, wine, lunch?

The boys can come too if they wish - a little too high brow for mine!

No Liz, you don't bring your own ... how uncouth ... turning up with a 2 litre bottle of cider to swill in the back row? Some people ... And yes, I know it's my turn to drive.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

I think I'm reading it right, that it's actually on in the daytime too if that suits people better? 11:15, wine, lunch?

No Liz, you don't bring your own ... how uncouth ... turning up with a 2 litre bottle of cider to swill in the back row? Some people ... And yes, I know it's my turn to drive.
Oh gawld...no OH will not entertain such a movie.....i was thinking more of who will have the car keys that day......:-)
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

The Wednesday edition of Bay of Plenty Times, have a voucher for '2 for 1' at Rialto Cinemas, amongst lots of other things.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
The Wednesday edition of Bay of Plenty Times, have a voucher for '2 for 1' at Rialto Cinemas, amongst lots of other things.
Marvellous Liz, except now it's Thursday afternoon!

Email from the Rialto as it is currently only showing morning sessions;

It should be back to evenings from 26th June, check website for next sessions on Monday evening.

Come on Lyn, don't be a party pooper - I'll translate for you!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I read the book a few years ago at a book group and it blew me away, then saw the film on the plane from Melbourne, it's well worth seeing even with the subtitles. The filming was brilliantly done with the camera view from eye level of the guy who is bedridden.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:13 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good, will be fun, count me in, I'd love to read book to, after Liz of course,
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Sounds good, will be fun, count me in, I'd love to read book to, after Liz of course,
I gave the book to her yesterday - she should have finished it by now - not like she does anything else.

I'll ley everyone know the days and times after Monday. So Helen are you coming to see it again and Lyn have you decided yet?

Thus far there are 6 of us.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Yep, count me in. Film and then lunch sounds good particular Mon or Tues.....cheaper ticket But happy to go with the flow.....

Translate? Should be fun after a couple of wines or three.....

Marvellous Liz, except now it's Thursday afternoon!

Email from the Rialto as it is currently only showing morning sessions;

It should be back to evenings from 26th June, check website for next sessions on Monday evening.

Come on Lyn, don't be a party pooper - I'll translate for you!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll ley everyone know the days and times after Monday. So Helen are you coming to see it again and Lyn have you decided yet?

Thus far there are 6 of us.
Sorry -when where, what time does the film start? I finish work at lunchtime.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by helinuk
Sorry -when where, what time does the film start? I finish work at lunchtime.
This week and next all sessions are 11:15am. This would suit everyone except Helen I think. My concern is I don't know how much longer it will run for? Do you have any days off Helen?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:42 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Vouchers for Cinema will be in the BOP Times tomorrow as well.
Pauline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.