Tattoo

Old Sep 7th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tattoo

Ok heres a pretty out there question, anybody had Maori design tattoo's done since coming over?

I had a think about it but the price of $1000.00 sort of made me think twice ..... might just get a sharpie and some tracing paper
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice
Default Re: Tattoo

I am in the middle of getting a sleeve done. Its not Maori design but I do know a lot of people that get them done. Tattoo's are expensive no matter where you go in the world and to be fair I don't think they are more so here. My advice..........get it done and suck it up.......hehe
Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Rob Clubley's avatar.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:21 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I have a little one

Need to get it updated to include my daughter.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice
Wink Re: Tattoo

http://www.cambridgebodyart.co.nz/gallery/peet

Try this guy. He is very good.

If you look in the 'in progress' im the one with the fish!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Ok heres a pretty out there question, anybody had Maori design tattoo's done since coming over?

I had a think about it but the price of $1000.00 sort of made me think twice ..... might just get a sharpie and some tracing paper
i have had a nz fern, on my leg had it done last xmas , from dean at waihi going again this year have some more avg price $300 to $400 normally have two done in same visit
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the other day they reckon the/some ink is carcinogenic. Just a heads up from a news article the other day.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:47 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I have a little one

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/2d5c219a.jpg

Cool! Always wanted to get a small tat but think tats look better on men
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I have a little one

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/2d5c219a.jpg

Yep thats like the design im was looking at ...... is it Moko?? been to a couple of local places here in Chch and prices seem to be about the same around the $1000 mark
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by witty
http://www.cambridgebodyart.co.nz/gallery/peet

Try this guy. He is very good.

If you look in the 'in progress' im the one with the fish!!
Right chest and arm? That is fantastic
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:39 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Yep thats like the design im was looking at ...... is it Moko?? been to a couple of local places here in Chch and prices seem to be about the same around the $1000 mark
Yes it's ta moko.
Every part and every gap represents something about me and my whanau.
It took about 5 hours and cost just under $500 3 years ago.

I want the new part to be done by Mark Kopua - his work is amazing and he has a shop near us in Titahi Bay, but he's $250 an hour.

The meanings are contained in both the black patterns and the spaces and are (from top to bottom)
The Yorkshire Rose is me.
The first horizontal gap is our journey to Aotearoa New Zealand
The triangular section is my sister Janine
The first band represents me now
The next horizontal gap is our ongoing journey
The bottom band represents Melanie, my wife.
Within these sections are the koru (swirls)- which look like fern fronds and represent birth and new life.
The double koru on the middle right and in the triangle represents my mother and father. (it links me to my sister as well as into my whanau)
The two joined koru are our two (twin) cats Meg and Mog
The final single koru is our dog, Noodle.
These are mirrored within Melanie's band to show that they are our whanau (effectively our children at the time!).

Now we have a daughter so I need to get something awesome added to represent her.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tattoo

Abstract!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
I heard the other day they reckon the/some ink is carcinogenic. Just a heads up from a news article the other day.
Oh dear! I just had a new tattoo on Tuesday!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Mine cost me $400
Attached Thumbnails Tattoo-tattoo.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:28 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

I have tat's but to be honest if you do not have one do not get one as you are more of an individual, everyone has one these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.