TaTa for now

Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:20 pm
Claire.W.

Claireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the rough
Post TaTa for now

It's surprising how emotional it gets, even with people you are friends with but haven't seen for a while and know you probably wouldn't have seen them for a while anyway.

Last night I went out into Manchester with my two closest friends for our birthdays and we invited a couple of other friends who I've known for a long long time but had not seen for about a year, when they were leaving the club it dawned on me that its unlikely I'll see them for a good few years, you start getting all sentimental and I couldn't help but cry!

It's difficult knowing that when you do visit home in the future it's going to be hard getting quality time with all the people you want to, especially if your as disorganised as me when it comes to arranging meets etc.

And tonight I have to say Goodbye to a good friend who is coming up from Liverpool to see me, we did our nurse training together. We only get to see each other a couple of times a year. She only lives in Liverpool, but I will try and put ideas into her head about New Zealand so she will come over.

This is only the beginning of saying tata for now, I think when the time comes to get on that plane I may just want to sleep due to crying too much and my eyes being too heavy to open (prob not though eh? be too excited)
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TaTa for now

Originally Posted by Claireisclass
It's surprising how emotional it gets, even with people you are friends with but haven't seen for a while and know you probably wouldn't have seen them for a while anyway.

Last night I went out into Manchester with my two closest friends for our birthdays and we invited a couple of other friends who I've known for a long long time but had not seen for about a year, when they were leaving the club it dawned on me that its unlikely I'll see them for a good few years, you start getting all sentimental and I couldn't help but cry!

It's difficult knowing that when you do visit home in the future it's going to be hard getting quality time with all the people you want to, especially if your as disorganised as me when it comes to arranging meets etc.

And tonight I have to say Goodbye to a good friend who is coming up from Liverpool to see me, we did our nurse training together. We only get to see each other a couple of times a year. She only lives in Liverpool, but I will try and put ideas into her head about New Zealand so she will come over.

This is only the beginning of saying tata for now, I think when the time comes to get on that plane I may just want to sleep due to crying too much and my eyes being too heavy to open (prob not though eh? be too excited)
this is one of the tough bits when it come to emigrating, keep them tissues handy & hope the eyes aren't too puffy xx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

How long you been qualified? Where she work? Wassher name?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:40 am
Claire.W.

Claireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the roughClaireisclass is a jewel in the rough

Hi danny. f

My name is Claire, I have only been qualified since September 2005 and due to the lack of jobs in my area in the NHS i got a job rotating between a ward and outpatients in Ophthalmics, not necessarily what i wanted to do but it has actually been very interesting. I still feel very new, especially because now the job I will be doing in NZ will be orthopaedics and plastics, and as you can imagine i don't have experience as a qualified nurse in these areas. But on the up side I have worked in all these areas as a health care assistant prior to qualifying so know roughly the system. I know the basics and I feel that I won't be a threat to the nurses in NZ (in terms of immigrants, like it is here at the moment in the UK). Hope that's enough info for ya

Been out for a drink this evening so i'm pretty impressed i managed to type this!

Clairex
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:45 am
Claire.W.

this is one of the tough bits when it come to emigrating, keep them tissues handy & hope the eyes aren't too puffy xx
The tissues are at hand, I'm cooking a roast dinner for my friend Rachael tomorrow to prolong the fact I have to say tata for now.

Thanksxx
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We had one big leaving party then a goodbye meal for those who couldn't make the party (and those pissheads who wanted another night out) and that was it, otherwise everytime you say goodbye it all starts again. I said my final goodbye to my best friend in a public place and didn't see her the day we left - you need to look after yourself too! My parents and aunt came to the airport to see us off which I was really anxious about, thinking I would be in floods of tears on the plane but it was actually OK and felt right at the time.
Once you get on the plane you will excited about what's ahead and it's pobably harder for those at home as you will be so busy sorting your new life out
Good luck