Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

talknsave phone card

talknsave phone card

Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default talknsave phone card

hiya

i have one of these cards but just cannot get it to work

basically i dial a local number, enter a code on the back of the card and it correctly tells me my balance... i try to call the followng uk number

01234 123456

so I dial:

00 44 1234 123456

It correctly tells me it will cost 1c per min... i wait 10s or so and then it sounds like a dead number/engaged tone.

I know for a fact my mother is waiting for me to call!

I try to call compass cards customer services but its the same tone

any ideas? have I been conned out of my $20 top up??!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: talknsave phone card

I used to use these cheap call cards when we first got here. but got sick to death of the problems. I don;t know how it works, they seem to get directed through two pieces of string and tin cans. At certain peak overseas times, you just can't get through, or get lots of interference on the line.

I now use Telecom 0161, a lot less bovver:

http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,8...4-1029,00.html
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:40 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of
Default Re: talknsave phone card

I had a problem with one too but if you omit the 00 I think it will work. So instead use 44 1234 123456.

Hope that helps