Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

taking tools to newzealand

taking tools to newzealand

Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

paul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant future
Default taking tools to newzealand

i have spoke to a few airfreight companies and i am not sure the situation on my batterys? i have nicads for my drills and jigsaws. spoke to a few companies and some say they will have to be packet in special container and others say aslong as there not in the drill and separate there ok? can anyone help?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:18 am
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice
Default Re: taking tools to newzealand

I sent mine just with them all together in the boxes and there was no problem.Just make sure their clean and if any are new use them before sending them or you may have to pay duty on any new items.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:05 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul2
i have spoke to a few airfreight companies and i am not sure the situation on my batterys? i have nicads for my drills and jigsaws. spoke to a few companies and some say they will have to be packet in special container and others say aslong as there not in the drill and separate there ok? can anyone help?
Hi my husband can help you as he is in construction and he will get back to you do you have any transformers that you may also be wanting to bring with you as its 240v.
By the way TV WILL WORK ON SKY and I have a friend his is working without sky...hope this will help
Lin
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Another point is to check that trade tools are covered by insurance. My movers had a specific insurance exemption for trade tools and they proceeded to steal them.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Just dont tell them they're nicad and pack em with everything else.
my cordless tools are they same, it didnt even enter my head that
the batteries would be a concern. it it obviously wasnt as maff opened the
box they were in to check on some camping gear and didnt even look at em.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:58 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Evening Paul2

Am I correct in reading your post as you are sending your belongings by AIRFREIGHT instead of the usual sea route?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

paul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant future

hi yes there going on a plane?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: taking tools to newzealand

So is cheaper by airfrieght then ?????????????????????

Regards
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

no its alot quicker, i need my tools as soon as possible. what im sending would be cheaper on the boat but takes 8-12 weeks to get there
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rockape
So is cheaper by airfrieght then ?????????????????????

Regards
No it isn't cheaper. If you feel you will be needing trade tools to start work , do speak with your NZ employer . Often they can arrange for trade tools to be available whilst your own arrives.
My husband was here in NZ for a good two months before the container arrived. Both the employer and work mates were helpful with enough tools for him to work.

My husbands extensive trade tools came via sea freight in our container. That's power tools, recharge batteries and goodness knows what else by way of plumbing and general tools.

The amount of tools was questioned because himself has so many but there was no MAf inspecition and no problem importing the tools at all.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
No it isn't cheaper. If you feel you will be needing trade tools to start work , do speak with your NZ employer . Often they can arrange for trade tools to be available whilst your own arrives.
My husband was here in NZ for a good two months before the container arrived. Both the employer and work mates were helpful with enough tools for him to work.

My husbands extensive trade tools came via sea freight in our container. That's power tools, recharge batteries and goodness knows what else by way of plumbing and general tools.

The amount of tools was questioned because himself has so many but there was no MAf inspecition and no problem importing the tools at all.

My husband bought a tool bag thing made from canvas and put what he could in it and just put it inside his suitcase with his xbox360 on other half wrapped in towels and it all came fine , just sent drills on in boxes but you could as bev says just borrow the most and bring just your general tools. my hubby also brough xbox and wii as well as 360 as he apparently couldnt live with out them lol in our cases..men lol
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

ive gone with a company i have got 6 tea chest boxes, and golf club box( she wasent very amused about that) they said long as there separate from the drill its fine, got it for £520 airfreight dor to door
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

thats great i think. dont talk to me about golf clubs lol hubby used one of my case allowance to bring his, though glad he did i suppose cos he has got to play in this lovely weather
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

to right there inportant, do you love newzealand?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

to right there inportant, do you love newzealand?
I absolutly love it and i cant imagine being anywhere else in the world, my best friend asked me yesterday what i missed about scotland i was like well friends and some family but i chat to them all the time.Apart from that river city lol and i can live with out that

caz