Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Taking dependant relatives

Taking dependant relatives

Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Question Taking dependant relatives

New to this game!
Does anyone have any info on potential ways around taking parents to NZ. We are 100% commited to relocate, Possibly to Hamilton area although Bay of plenty possible, going on hol in Feb and will seek out employment (Community Nursing for me and motor engineering/ aircraft or marine engineering for hubby).
Intending to move out there summer 2006. (Current status have been selected from skilled migrant pool).
Mum would like to follow, it would appear restrictions are 6 months in 6 months out. Anyone know of any ways around this, apart from waiting 5 yrs for citizenship?
Or is there any way of obtaining citizenship earlier?
Think that this is a fab site, have been addicted to it for the past 6 months
Cheers
Dawn
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taking dependant relatives

Originally Posted by Frenchy
New to this game!
Does anyone have any info on potential ways around taking parents to NZ. We are 100% commited to relocate, Possibly to Hamilton area although Bay of plenty possible, going on hol in Feb and will seek out employment (Community Nursing for me and motor engineering/ aircraft or marine engineering for hubby).
Intending to move out there summer 2006. (Current status have been selected from skilled migrant pool).
Mum would like to follow, it would appear restrictions are 6 months in 6 months out. Anyone know of any ways around this, apart from waiting 5 yrs for citizenship?
Or is there any way of obtaining citizenship earlier?
Think that this is a fab site, have been addicted to it for the past 6 months
Cheers
Dawn
Dawn Hi - don't know if this still applies or is relevant to your particular circumstances but when we came out 5 years ago looked at the possibility of my mum joining us and it came down to the whereabouts of 'children'. If the majority of my brothers had been in NZ then she was allowed in with us - otherwise like you say - 6 in and 6 out.

Cheers
Martin
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Herm
Dawn Hi - don't know if this still applies or is relevant to your particular circumstances but when we came out 5 years ago looked at the possibility of my mum joining us and it came down to the whereabouts of 'children'. If the majority of my brothers had been in NZ then she was allowed in with us - otherwise like you say - 6 in and 6 out.

Cheers
Martin
Thanks Martin do you like the bay of plenty have you lived in that region all 5 yrs?
I am an only child so I guess she would be ok on that score. I believe that test applies once citizenship is established.
We are sooooo excited about our trip in Feb staying in papoma for 1 week
Cheers
Dawn
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Thanks Martin do you like the bay of plenty have you lived in that region all 5 yrs?
I am an only child so I guess she would be ok on that score. I believe that test applies once citizenship is established.
We are sooooo excited about our trip in Feb staying in papoma for 1 week
Cheers
Dawn
Thinking back your right about citizenship.

Lived here since we arrived and love it - would'nt go anywhere else.