taking car

Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all
Default taking car

any advice on taking car in container or selling and buying there,you know what you have if you take it,thanks
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking car

Originally Posted by pcmay10
any advice on taking car in container or selling and buying there,you know what you have if you take it,thanks

about 1500 pounds to ship. About $1000 compliance and registration. European cars are more expensive to look after here. Look at www.trademe.co.nz for 59,000 odd cars for sale in NZ. My advice is to sell and buy here. Its another headache for you to deal with if you bring it.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
about 1500 pounds to ship. About $1000 compliance and registration. European cars are more expensive to look after here. Look at www.trademe.co.nz for 59,000 odd cars for sale in NZ. My advice is to sell and buy here. Its another headache for you to deal with if you bring it.
Plus what do you do while you wait for the container to arrive? Pay hire fees I suppose. Actually though with the exchange rate so against you, if your UK car is new enough, it might actually make sense to bring it because even if the UK trade in value is a good one - you won't get as many Kiwi dollars for it as 4 years ago. Will you yield enough liquid cash from sale in UK to buy a car you are happy with here?

Last edited by luvwelly; Sep 14th 2011 at 9:34 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 6:03 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

If it's less than 5 yrs old or something 'special', bring it. I had a 4 yr old Alfa that I wish I had bought with me. Sold it for 'market value' in the UK and can't find one for anywhere near that price, here. Maintaining a Euro car isn't as expensive as most think. Parts are roughly the same as the Japs , unless something major goes wrong......
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we had bought our diesel beemer they want silly money for them here