Reload this Page >

Take it or leave it ?????

Take it or leave it ?????

Old May 6th 2006, 9:48 am
Just Joined

royalsfans is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Take it or leave it ?????

We are sorting our stuff ready for the big move ! :scared:
We adore camping and have an old but faithful trailer tent. Now !! is it a HUGE pain in the bum trying to take it , (cleaning it etc) or are we best to sell it here and buy again once there.?? Not trying to be a cheap skate but i really dont want to have to pay for it to be professionally cleaned to then find out its still not good enough.
i know other threads have said ts expensive in NZ for camping equipment, but is it going to be less than the cost of space its going to take in the container ??
Old May 6th 2006, 8:43 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take it or leave it ?????

Originally Posted by royalsfans
We are sorting our stuff ready for the big move ! :scared:
We adore camping and have an old but faithful trailer tent. Now !! is it a HUGE pain in the bum trying to take it , (cleaning it etc) or are we best to sell it here and buy again once there.?? Not trying to be a cheap skate but i really dont want to have to pay for it to be professionally cleaned to then find out its still not good enough.
i know other threads have said ts expensive in NZ for camping equipment, but is it going to be less than the cost of space its going to take in the container ??
Personally I would give it a quick clean with some sort of milton or equivalent - just to get rid of the obvious mud etc.
Then I'd try to take it - if the packers suggest that it won't be allowed (PSS were very helpful in this dept for us) then plan B is to give it to a relative/friend to sell.
Old May 8th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

MAF checked our tents pretty thoroughly, but as long as there's no mud or grass, and even better if it whifs of disinfectant, you should have no prob. Don't listen to the packers, I'm sure they try to keep the MAF stuff as minimal as poss so they make max profit on their fixed-rate MAF charge.
Old May 8th 2006, 10:59 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
MAF checked our tents pretty thoroughly, but as long as there's no mud or grass, and even better if it whifs of disinfectant, you should have no prob. Don't listen to the packers, I'm sure they try to keep the MAF stuff as minimal as poss so they make max profit on their fixed-rate MAF charge.
Sounds good advice to me.