Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Takapuna/Belmont/Bayswater

Takapuna/Belmont/Bayswater

Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:25 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Takapuna/Belmont/Bayswater

Hi,looking at these 3 area's for school zone and would be grateful of any advice/insight into the area's .... many thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Takapuna/Belmont/Bayswater

Originally Posted by daisycutter
Hi,looking at these 3 area's for school zone and would be grateful of any advice/insight into the area's .... many thanks.
Sorry I can't help with this as I live further north & don't have kids but just wanted to BUMP your thread up
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:48 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Hi
I only arrived a couple of days ago but am going on a recce around those areas this aft. My friend I am staying with said her old boss was at Bayswater and the kids loved the school there. Takapuna Grammar has a good reputation too. If I find anything out I'll let you know. I'm planning on looking a bit further up too in Campbells Bay Primary and Westlake Boys school zones.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik
Hi
I only arrived a couple of days ago but am going on a recce around those areas this aft. My friend I am staying with said her old boss was at Bayswater and the kids loved the school there. Takapuna Grammar has a good reputation too. If I find anything out I'll let you know. I'm planning on looking a bit further up too in Campbells Bay Primary and Westlake Boys school zones.
Haere mai Nik Hope the jet-lag isn't too bad.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:33 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Thanks! Kids have horrendous jet lag- youngest got up at 1.45am today! I am ok except picked up a stinking head cold so feel like death warmed up today!!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:01 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Taka Grammar used to have a good reputation but I think that's been eroded over the years.

You need to visit the schools and look for yourself. Westlake and Rangi are where most people head for but you'll pay a premium for living in zone.

Why not look out west at the Albany junior/senior high, they tend to get overlooked. Also I've used to hear a lot of good things about Long Bay College who were doing some interesting things a while ago.

There are also some church schools around that are worth looking at - their fees are a fraction of those of private schools and they have an excellent reputation.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Taka Grammar used to have a good reputation but I think that's been eroded over the years.

You need to visit the schools and look for yourself. Westlake and Rangi are where most people head for but you'll pay a premium for living in zone.

Why not look out west at the Albany junior/senior high, they tend to get overlooked. Also I've used to hear a lot of good things about Long Bay College who were doing some interesting things a while ago.

There are also some church schools around that are worth looking at - their fees are a fraction of those of private schools and they have an excellent reputation.
Hi,yes i had also thought of Westlake Boys & Girls ... paying a premium for a house in the area i think is par for the course .... we are currently in west vancouver so know all about premium real estate cost unfortunately .... Rangi looks interesting also,but the sheer size of it is putting us off at the moment .... cheers.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

fayemd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi daisycutter I live in Takapuna and have to say that Takapuna is better than Belmont and Bayswater.You have all the shops,cafes,restaurants,bars and the beach on your door stop.Nothing much happening in Bayswater and Belmont.I am actually selling my home privately at the moment to go back to the UK (don't know if your looking to buy?) and I have St Josephs Primary opposite and Rosmini College which have really good reputations.I am also in zone for Takapuna grammar and Westlake boys and girls.If you need anymore info just let me know.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by fayemd
Hi daisycutter I live in Takapuna and have to say that Takapuna is better than Belmont and Bayswater.You have all the shops,cafes,restaurants,bars and the beach on your door stop.Nothing much happening in Bayswater and Belmont.I am actually selling my home privately at the moment to go back to the UK (don't know if your looking to buy?) and I have St Josephs Primary opposite and Rosmini College which have really good reputations.I am also in zone for Takapuna grammar and Westlake boys and girls.If you need anymore info just let me know.
Hi fayemd ... our plans are that kids finish school year here at end of June,i have still to persuade mty wife to head to Auckland as we have perviously lived in chch and she wants to return despite earthquake etc so unfortunately the earliest we would be back in nz would be mid july ... good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by nik
Hi
Hi Nik,just wondering how you got on looking at the Westlake zones ... we too are looking at Westlake schools as my son loves rowing ( can't get enough of it ) and WBS seems to have a good rowing reputation ... how did you find Campbells Bay ? cheers.