Tai Chi

Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:55 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all
Default Re: Tai Chi

Originally Posted by Maz
I don't "perform". I practice. And it's none of your goddamn business.
bite indicator..... beeeeeeeeppp, looks like the ground bait did it!

Sorry if it seems a little personal, I was only trying to get an idea of how often I would have to "practise" before I saw the benefits
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dribble
bite indicator..... beeeeeeeeppp, looks like the ground bait did it!

Sorry if it seems a little personal, I was only trying to get an idea of how often I would have to "practise" before I saw the benefits
Seriously, sod off with the personal comments about yoga. It's extremely personal and private. Or can be. Mine is. Completely depends how committed you are and if you want to see any benefits as a whole.

Can you honestly quantify benefits vs. time spent on anything you practice?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:05 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Not personal comments, I am merely asking you as a practitioner what the short term benefits are...

If you are not open to comment about your exercises then why recommend it on a public forum?

Quantifying my time is exactly what I am talking about, I can't justify "practising" for hours on end if the net gain is minimal. I would prefer to be measuring my actions against time so that I knew I was benefiting physically and of course mentally.

Of course if you perform any "not normal position/exercise" (meaning you dont normally do it day to day) then you will always see a change. I want to maximise my time and efforts to make sure my end results are achieved efficiently.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:13 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Not personal comments, I am merely asking you as a practitioner what the short term benefits are...

If you are not open to comment about your exercises then why recommend it on a public forum?

Quantifying my time is exactly what I am talking about, I can't justify "practising" for hours on end if the net gain is minimal. I would prefer to be measuring my actions against time so that I knew I was benefiting physically and of course mentally.

Of course if you perform any "not normal position/exercise" (meaning you dont normally do it day to day) then you will always see a change. I want to maximise my time and efforts to make sure my end results are achieved efficiently.
Yoga is a lifestyle. If you're not into giving some time to it, then forget it. And you need a time-out, Mr. Angry-Man.

I fully know and realise that I have to get back into practice on a regular basis. One of the broadcast channels - forget which right now as we're watching Syriana - has a yoga prog from 6.30 to 7.00 am. You might do worse than to start watching it. Even if you don't join in, just get some personal time during it and zone out.

Short-term benefits? Um... you really don't understand the perception of yoga at all. Read some of the link I gave you. Maybe take the time to e-mail Erich about it. Just a thought. The results are not automatic.

Basically, if you refuse to have the time to ask questions as you want all the answers at your fingertips, then don't bother, it won't be good for you.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:17 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz
Yoga is a lifestyle. If you're not into giving some time to it, then forget it. And you need a time-out, Mr. Angry-Man.
some good points made there Maz, but i had to laugh at this. Dribble is far from an 'angry-man'. But thank you for the giggles - I was wondering where it was going to end up
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:21 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

So again you missed my point...

I am on the road into work at 7am, which means the half hour before is spent getting ready for work.

I need to be focused on my time. Like everyone we work hard and by the time I come home its kiddy time. Once they are in bed I want to be making the most of my time, be it a focused exercise routine or a quiet spot on the net to have a giggle.

The mornings I could start some Tai Chi to help mind and body, this can also be taken to work with me, as there are routines that can be performed as stress relief and not obvious to the eye.

Like you say everyone to their own. Appreciate the links, and if TC is no good to me and I find no other MA then I will have a look into it.

I am not an angry man, far from it. I was having a little banter and you reacted to it a little too agressively. Perhaps its time for us all to meditate?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:30 am
Maz

Originally Posted by dreamfish
some good points made there Maz, but i had to laugh at this. Dribble is far from an 'angry-man'. But thank you for the giggles - I was wondering where it was going to end up
So again you missed my point...

I am on the road into work at 7am, which means the half hour before is spent getting ready for work.

I need to be focused on my time. Like everyone we work hard and by the time I come home its kiddy time. Once they are in bed I want to be making the most of my time, be it a focused exercise routine or a quiet spot on the net to have a giggle.

The mornings I could start some Tai Chi to help mind and body, this can also be taken to work with me, as there are routines that can be performed as stress relief and not obvious to the eye.

Like you say everyone to their own. Appreciate the links, and if TC is no good to me and I find no other MA then I will have a look into it.

I am not an angry man, far from it. I was having a little banter and you reacted to it a little too agressively. Perhaps its time for us all to meditate?
Neither of you understood. So sorry.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

City fitness gym in Porirua have 'bodybalance' classes that are a mix of Tai Chi, yoga, pilates, balances and meditation (and are hard work but great!!). Good mix of blokes and girlies too! Don't know if I'd fancy being by the lagoon in the early morning in my jammies tho'!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:54 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
City fitness gym in Porirua have 'bodybalance' classes that are a mix of Tai Chi, yoga, pilates, balances and meditation (and are hard work but great!!). Good mix of blokes and girlies too! Don't know if I'd fancy being by the lagoon in the early morning in my jammies tho'!
Wow, where did you find that out... the old search engines and keywords were failing me.

Might have a gander at that, and I guess if I dont start practising soon the old silks will have to be fleeced lined....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

One of the funniest threads in ages. And it was meant to be serious!

Did Karate for a few years,but am willing to give anything a try. I'm only wearing socks though. Nothing else.
I've left for work by 6,so guess I'm looking at webcam then!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I've done this class.... and bugger me it's hard....so to speak....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Wow, where did you find that out... the old search engines and keywords were failing me.

Might have a gander at that, and I guess if I dont start practising soon the old silks will have to be fleeced lined....
I know 'coz I do the class!! They have a range of different classes (including step, which I did for the first time in years and looked like a beetroot for several hours after!) as well as all the weight machines, exercise bikes etc. I signed up for 3 years to try and make sure I'd get down there at least twice a week
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:51 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I've done this class.... and bugger me it's hard....so to speak....
Think you are wearing your silk too tight!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:51 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

I know 'coz I do the class!! They have a range of different classes (including step, which I did for the first time in years and looked like a beetroot for several hours after!) as well as all the weight machines, exercise bikes etc. I signed up for 3 years to try and make sure I'd get down there at least twice a week

Excellent news, so they break out the classes into the different methods, or is it a combo of all 3?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

Excellent news, so they break out the classes into the different methods, or is it a combo of all 3?
It was a combo of all three when I did the class... the hardest part was trying to keep up...

Sorry forgot it was the wife logged in and not me... Louise never went to this class....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.