Tai Chi

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:14 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all
Default Tai Chi

Anyone interested in this... I thought about starting it up.

There are classes, but rather than hanging around in a cold gym in your silk pj's I was going to trial it with the rumours DVDs I have available.

When I have enough skill/confidence I can see my self doing the grasshopper in Waitangi park :-D
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:15 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tai Chi

Originally Posted by dribble
When I have enough skill/confidence I can see my self doing the grasshopper in Waitangi park :-D
i reckon if you did that every morning before work, within a week you would have quite a following

and the silk pjs would probably stop the traffic
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:17 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

The morning would (thats not morning wood, donna/dreamfish) make sence.. make u more relaxed before the days starts ;-)
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

if I get up at 5.30am I might be able to fit it in - only if you wear the silk pjs though
Do you know of any local classes? Honestly, it is something I would like to try but haven't seen anything advertised. One thing I find lacking here is that if you want to do an exercise class you have to join a gym.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:38 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on, you dismiss yoga, but want to do Tai Chi?

OK, right.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:39 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

My word, you got a hang up with my an my silky pj's?

Yeah early mornings are a great idea.
There are Tai Chi classes all over NZ, but they dont really suit working hours and children. Hence me thinking start off with DVDs, get skilled and then practise in groups... that way its not just some freak in the woods dressed inappropriately.

Yeah, gyms can be rather expensive. I would still like to learn another MA, but until I can get my body into shape I would rather save my money and enlighten my mind ;-)
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:41 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by Maz
Hang on, you dismiss yoga, but want to do Tai Chi?

OK, right.
I thought that yoga was all static positioning?

Tai Chi is enhancing circular movements and moving Qi around the body...

Also have a MA strain to it too, seeing as it is classed as the ultimate MA

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that yoga was all static positioning?

Tai Chi is enhancing circular movements and moving Qi around the body...

Also have a MA strain to it too, seeing as it is classed as the ultimate MA

There are a ton of different types of yoga. There you go. When you want to educate yourself in the different types, go here. You might learn something. I see one forum that just screams out to you.

You ever seen "Calendar Girls"? WHen I think of Tai Chi, I always think of that film. They're all up on the hill, doin' their stuff, until one of them says "oooh I fancy some chips". You just know you'll end up like that. Don't you?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:48 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Body = Temple... (only when I have a good reason to bring mind and body together..)

working towards an enlightened goal makes sence. I only know of TC, yoga always seemed to be a girly thing, hence me shying away
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:50 am
Maz

Body = Temple... (only when I have a good reason to bring mind and body together..)

working towards an enlightened goal makes sence. I only know of TC, yoga always seemed to be a girly thing, hence me shying away
Does Sting seem girly to you? Sure as hell doesn't to me. Saw him in concert a few years ago. Damn he's in perfect shape!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:53 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Umm, Sting.. agree he is in good shape, but being in the media and having millions of bucks to spend on what ever makes his face and body more apealling also helps! I dont know of his involvement in Yoga, so again I can not comment, I am only going on my limited reading, and that being in TC.

At this juncture I guess we can agree to disagree.

Anyway Donna, if your serious perhaps we can get some people together once we learn the basics...

Shout if your interested in watching/learning more and we can set something up
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:54 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Now that would be a thing to see, a bunch of pommie expats down by the lagoon going Tai Chi Actually it might be fun to do but I'll probably end up laughing too much, oh plus you guys are way to far out.

Mine's a green tea please.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:55 am
Maz

Sting's physique is pretty much 100% due to yoga. You can make time for it. Or not. When I practice it regularly, I get very toned very quickly, and lose weight too. Can't argue with that.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:55 am
Maz

Like I said before, seen "Calendar Girls"?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:57 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway Donna, if your serious perhaps we can get some people together once we learn the basics...

Shout if your interested in watching/learning more and we can set something up
Tracksuit and sweater is fine. Think you will give our poor neighbours a heart attack if you all roll up on our lawn in your silky negligé

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.