Tagging

Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tagging

Originally Posted by niseysOH
I'd heard this term a few times on the local radio and realised a few weeks back thats is a term for a particular type of graffiti.

We live in quite a nice country area and in a short period over Christmas this type of graffiti which is mainly just some idiot repeatedly spraying his 'signature' on something, appeared on everything from road signs to fences and buildings. It costs others to get rid of it and looks awful and anyone caught doing it should be made to pay for and be involved in repairing the damage on top of any sentence they receive.

Its very very annoying to think of someone damaging things in this way for no apparent reason and i struggle to understand the mentality of anyone who does such a thing. While i thought it was young kids who did such things the following news story suggests its actually also 'adults' if you can call them that.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10487939

NiseysOH..... it mustve been a year ago that somebody tagged absolutely everything they could from the Howick roundabout on the top of the hill, down to Whitford and then along to Beachlands.... it was horrible to see and I remember my heart sinking as we drove along and saw it all.... such a beautiful place and some idiot does that.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:54 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=niseysOH;5816048]

...unless that is i actually see someone doing it at which point they'll wish they weren't.

Couldn't agree more.The wall alongside our house gets 'tagged' almost every weekend.I have actually seen the same people doing it more than once and gave their description to the police, but to no avail.
I am at the end of my rope now and although i know it's wrong i've decided the next time, i will try to catch them and i intend to smash their fingers with a hammer.Hopefully no more tagging.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Call me AL;5817864]
Originally Posted by niseysOH

...unless that is i actually see someone doing it at which point they'll wish they weren't.

Couldn't agree more.The wall alongside our house gets 'tagged' almost every weekend.I have actually seen the same people doing it more than once and gave their description to the police, but to no avail.
I am at the end of my rope now and although i know it's wrong i've decided the next time, i will try to catch them and i intend to smash their fingers with a hammer.Hopefully no more tagging.
I'm on our Playgroup committee and we applied for a grant to get the Village Hall (where we hold Playgroup) fence redone... we got a bit of money towards it but not what we applied for... all we can afford is a wooden fence when we really wanted one of the metal ones (like you have around kiddies playgrounds) to stop the tagging. The fence has been put up this week.... I wonder how long it will be before somebody tags it?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

We were tagged a few times in Cashmere in Chch, we had a lovely white fence so it was a prime target and our garage also. It made my blood boil.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

It just looks awful too, we went to look at a house to buy and drove down the street which looked ok. Further up we saw graffiti on a few fences and the concrete roundabout was all sprayed too. It was so ugly. It put me off even though the house was lovely.

I drove through Fendalton which is quite an affluent part of Christchurch the other day and noticed that someone had been on the rampage. House after house had been sprayed, some were new walls and fences, Im sure the owners would be furious and so would I be.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

In my 10 year old daughter's middle class suburban UK school, they are currently learning about graffiti and tagging. I wondered how appropriate it was. We are fans of Banksy but mindless vandalism is another matter.

Alison
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:15 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
We are fans of Banksy but mindless vandalism is another matter.

Alison
You'd love Wellington then. The number of Banksy rip-offs that pepper the town centre is quite surprising.