Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

In Sydney Airport.........

In Sydney Airport.........

Old May 21st 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update from Uk trip

Hi all,
Both mothers were suprised and pleased to see us. My mam is like a little doll, but it hasn't made her mellow. But while she's shouting and balling, she's doing well. Until yesterday weather has been cold and miserable, yesterday it got to 16c & today 18c.
I caught a nasty virus which floored me, been in bed for days, but picking up now. It infected my sinuses, face swelled up and really painful. Had a hire car stuck outside and going now where. Couldn't fly & had to put off flights. Fly back tomorrow and arrive home on Thursday.
Coming back here has certainly closed a few doors for us. I missed home after only being here 3 days. I know that I have a better social network in NZ, where my friends are like family. Which is great, cos I've hand picked them. I miss them all, I even miss my sad nights on the forum or in the kiwi bar.
The minute you get off the plane at LHR, you can feel the tension, everyone is in a hurry. Took mother in law (80 yrs old) to Morrisons, and twice she nearly got knocked off her walking stick. It's a struggle to park the car - in fact I've done nowt but moan. We've had that many stabbings in the local area in the last 3 weeks, that I've lost count. Roll on Thursday!
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update from Uk trip

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi all,
Both mothers were suprised and pleased to see us. My mam is like a little doll, but it hasn't made her mellow. But while she's shouting and balling, she's doing well. Until yesterday weather has been cold and miserable, yesterday it got to 16c & today 18c.
I caught a nasty virus which floored me, been in bed for days, but picking up now. It infected my sinuses, face swelled up and really painful. Had a hire car stuck outside and going now where. Couldn't fly & had to put off flights. Fly back tomorrow and arrive home on Thursday.
Coming back here has certainly closed a few doors for us. I missed home after only being here 3 days. I know that I have a better social network in NZ, where my friends are like family. Which is great, cos I've hand picked them. I miss them all, I even miss my sad nights on the forum or in the kiwi bar.
The minute you get off the plane at LHR, you can feel the tension, everyone is in a hurry. Took mother in law (80 yrs old) to Morrisons, and twice she nearly got knocked off her walking stick. It's a struggle to park the car - in fact I've done nowt but moan. We've had that many stabbings in the local area in the last 3 weeks, that I've lost count. Roll on Thursday!
Will be good to see you back on thurday Dee. See you at the airport!
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In Sydney Airport.........

Will you be recovered enough to come out on Friday? It's Alison's birthday so we need to celebrate with her
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:36 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

The minute you get off the plane at LHR, you can feel the tension, everyone is in a hurry. Took mother in law (80 yrs old) to Morrisons, and twice she nearly got knocked off her walking stick. It's a struggle to park the car - in fact I've done nowt but moan. We've had that many stabbings in the local area in the last 3 weeks, that I've lost count. Roll on Thursday![/QUOTE]

Did you notice how small the roads are, not to mention the litter. Enjoy your flight back home from the Toon to NZ and home.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Boopy met my parents last week and the first thing my mam asked next time she spoke to me was "are the roads really wide in NZ" because Boopy had mentioned some problems driving or parking due to the narrow roads. I hadn't even thought about it until then but yes they are!
Old May 24th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back. The sun is shining & people are smiling. It's good to be back home.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:20 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Just got back. The sun is shining & people are smiling. It's good to be back home.

Welcome home Boopy
Old May 24th 2007, 4:06 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Not miss us miserable gits who shuffle about misserable. Glad you had a safe trip home.
Old May 24th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Not miss us miserable gits who shuffle about misserable. Glad you had a safe trip home.

I didn't miss much from UK. Also there wasn't that wrench leaving family this time.

Body clock all to pot, hence being up and on forum at 4am.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:37 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Did you notice how small the roads are, not to mention the litter. Enjoy your flight back home from the Toon to NZ and home.[/QUOTE]

Thats because up North its all horse and cart roads