Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

In Sydney Airport.........

In Sydney Airport.........

Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Sydney Airport.........

Well, here we are in Sydney Airport. Left Welly at 6.00am, arrive OZ time 07.35am and don't get our flight til 17.35pm. Because luggage was checked in all the way to UK, we can't go through customs, therefore not being able to leave the international departure area. Unfortunatley, not a great deal here, only a couple of choices of food outlets and a few shops. Weather reminds me of England - grey with very low clouds, poor visability. Can't even watch the planes take off - they're straight in the clouds. Flight direct, with a 2 hour stop at hong kong. Then when we get to London, we have another 5 hour wait for a plane to Newcastle.
Don't want to go to sleep - want to sleep on the plane.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:18 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Sydney Airport.........

Hi Boopy

If its any consolation is rainy and cloudy back in WGTN. Your complete journey time must be 40+ hours! There must have been better options i'd have thought
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Well, here we are in Sydney Airport. Left Welly at 6.00am, arrive OZ time 07.35am and don't get our flight til 17.35pm. Because luggage was checked in all the way to UK, we can't go through customs, therefore not being able to leave the international departure area. Unfortunatley, not a great deal here, only a couple of choices of food outlets and a few shops. Weather reminds me of England - grey with very low clouds, poor visability. Can't even watch the planes take off - they're straight in the clouds. Flight direct, with a 2 hour stop at hong kong. Then when we get to London, we have another 5 hour wait for a plane to Newcastle.
Don't want to go to sleep - want to sleep on the plane.
Sounds like a long, long day for you
I guess the only consolation is when you finally arrive and meet your nearest and dearest It can only get better!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Boopy,
glad to here you made the first leg OK! Thinking of you, will PM you mam and dads contact details
x
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Hi Boopy

Your complete journey time must be 40+ hours! There must have been better options i'd have thought
thought I'd take the liberty to answer as I know boopy won't have much access to a pc - they booked short notice to return home due to personal circumstances so were limited in their options of routes etc thus the horrendous journey
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:44 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Dee our wishes go with you for a safe jouney and return on a long long haul flight,(can you get me some of that aftershave in duty free that I use and I know you love ).JK have a great time in Geordie Land and see you when you get back HOME. Ray and Diane XX
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

safe journey Boopy , hope all goes aswell as it can. have fun seeing old friends xx
Old May 4th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya All,

Well, the good news was we went to Singapore and not Hong Kong, what a beautiful airport. We only had 40 mins off the plane, then got back on. Would you believe it the blooming plane decided to have technical problems - we were stuck in the plane for just over 2 hours before it took off. It actually took 15hours to get to London - well thats how long we were on board for. Got to Heathrow, and our 1 hour flight to Newcastle ended up being delayed by 1 hour. You can expect it on the long haul flights but not the short runs. Our journey to Sunderland took 46 hours - all for 18 days here.
They tell me the weather has been beautiful - ha, they forget the north east isn't included in the nice weather share out. It is freezing, down to 5c during the night & only 11c - 13c during the day. I really miss my sunshine and home in NZ. People walking around with miserable faces does have a knock on effect.
Off to our local tonight for a good session, friends don't know that we are here yet, so it will be fun walking into the boozer.

Ray - you're letting secrets out - Poppets will feel left out.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya All,

Well, the good news was we went to Singapore and not Hong Kong, what a beautiful airport. We only had 40 mins off the plane, then got back on. Would you believe it the blooming plane decided to have technical problems - we were stuck in the plane for just over 2 hours before it took off. It actually took 15hours to get to London - well thats how long we were on board for. Got to Heathrow, and our 1 hour flight to Newcastle ended up being delayed by 1 hour. You can expect it on the long haul flights but not the short runs. Our journey to Sunderland took 46 hours - all for 18 days here.
They tell me the weather has been beautiful - ha, they forget the north east isn't included in the nice weather share out. It is freezing, down to 5c during the night & only 11c - 13c during the day. I really miss my sunshine and home in NZ. People walking around with miserable faces does have a knock on effect.
Off to our local tonight for a good session, friends don't know that we are here yet, so it will be fun walking into the boozer.

Hope you have a really good time, you need it after all that travelling
Old May 4th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
Hope you have a really good time, you need it after all that travelling
Will do! But back to pub measures and not free flow for my vodka.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:23 am
conquering the world!

Will do! But back to pub measures and not free flow for my vodka.
Nurse: unhook that IV!!
I noticed when I went back to Scotland on holiday after living in England, that it was really strange to be surrounded by people who talked like me........ have you found that?
Old May 4th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
Nurse: unhook that IV!!
I noticed when I went back to Scotland on holiday after living in England, that it was really strange to be surrounded by people who talked like me........ have you found that?
Yeah! But I don't know if I like it. I'll notice it more tonight, when everyone's half canned here they talk even faster.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:39 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Hiya All,

I sent her a on the bar thread have one for us and enjoy your time there when you get back you will know where the place called home really is now. cheers
Old May 4th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Hiya All,

Bet you don't feel the cold after a few bevvies!
Glad to hear you arrived safely after such a long journey, bet Smithy wasn't impressed hey?
Just to make you feel better, the weather here was glorious today, on the beach with a t-shirt and still sweating................but you don't want to hear that do you?
Enjoy the rest of your holiday, we're all missing you. xxx
Old May 4th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Boopy,
hope all is still well, did P's mam get a nice surprise when she saw you both? Work's the same, you're not missing much. Beth, Dan and Joe send their love.
See you soon,
Donnax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.