Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Support Christchurch!!!!

Support Christchurch!!!!

Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Support Christchurch!!!!

Tomorrow the new "pop up" mall in City Mall is due to open after our earthquakes in Feb. plus the very lovely Ballantynes department store should be re-opening John Key will be there too

That is if some miserable git from the UK doesn't take them to court first

Anyway, I am going in, to have coffee, shop, look around, support our returning businesses and hope that if you are nearby you will too

Jan

Last edited by Jan n Neil; Oct 27th 2011 at 6:00 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Support Christchurch!!!!

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Tomorrow the new "pop up" mall in City Mall is due to open after our earthquakes in Feb. plus the very lovely Ballantynes department store should be re-opening John Key will be there too

Anyway, I am going in, to have coffee, shop, look around, support our returning businesses and hope that if you are nearby you will too

Jan
I fully support this poject but we then have a poncy muppet from the UK trying to block it

http://www.starcanterbury.co.nz/news...hreat/1152404/

I think we should all be protesting back to him over in the UK to pull his neck in and support us.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
I fully support this poject but we then have a poncy muppet from the UK trying to block it

http://www.starcanterbury.co.nz/news...hreat/1152404/

I think we should all be protesting back to him over in the UK to pull his neck in and support us.
Agreed, although as of now (today) it does seem as though he has not gained any ground and things will go ahead. The phrase "pop up mall" has disappeared from our publicity though........

Jan
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Support Christchurch!!!!

I would go but some of us working class people have to work .
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:12 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Jan
i'm good mates with the HR manager for Ballys and the amount of work they have put in to get this done is scary....

Good luck to em I say.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I would go but some of us working class people have to work .

The working class hubby was at work at 6.30 this morning whilst she swans off shopping
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I went, it was brilliant, such a feel good factor, and the lovely Ballantynes was open and full of women shopping for hats for Race Day (me included). The container shops were on the whole exclusives, not chain stores, and I would say it is a huge success. Really glad to be part of it

Jan
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:12 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it was a success and the daft British guy should shut up.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 1:58 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

We went and I was impressed at how it was done. Definitely bigger than I expected and also more colourful! We wandered around, had a bite to eat and fought our way through the crowds.
There was a good feel to the day, the sun was shining and an optimistic atmosphere.

Sad to see how much has gone and very poignant to peer through the windows and see the dirty glasses still there from Feb in the only bar left at the end of the Strip [we used to go there]