Sun

Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Cool Sun

Hi all

The strong sun rays in NZ worries me slightly, me and my oh are both very fair and always apply sunblock in the UK on a sunny day! (maybe over paranoid from spending 12 months in Ozzie)

Are we daft going to a place with no ozone layer!

Oh well ITA in, just have to slip, slop, slap. Can't believe of all the thing's that start to niggle away at you when you have sold up and hope to be in NZ within 6 months.

J
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:57 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sun

Originally Posted by jeany
Are we daft going to a place with no ozone layer!
sorry to sound thick...but really, no ozone layer?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:03 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
sorry to sound thick...but really, no ozone layer?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:08 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the hole from the NASA Ozone Hole Watch website
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
On reading back i really do sound thick...here's where i dig an even bigger hole for myself

what i meant was...really didn't know that there was a massive problem with no ozone layer in NZ that's different to any other part of the world

does that make my post sound better?????
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:22 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Marginally... maybe.

Take a look at the links in my post above. The hole is over the Antarctic.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Marginally... maybe.

I did thank you.
It just sounded to me that Jeany was saying that the problems with the ozone layer is worse in NZ than say in the UK...so that surprised me as i hadn't realised or thought that...

so what i would like to know is if this is the case

Please don't laugh at me, i'm not fick really!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
OOOH! Nice hole Marion!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
Marginally... maybe.

Its all cyclical down to the sun so don't get ya knickers in a twist about it - or are you as brainwashed as the rest of those environmentalist lefties!!!

You should have posted the video of the ozone hole shrinking and expanding in tune with the seasons but all in all staying virtually the same EXCEPT for growing in tandem with increased solar activity!

Last edited by Paladin; Mar 16th 2007 at 4:32 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Paladin
oh er misses!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
oh er misses!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:38 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

If its of any concern a hole has appeared over the Northern hemisphere too.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 7:57 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find that everyone ( well everyone I know) slaps on about factor 30 - 45 to total block. It just comes naturally. I was never one for a high factor before - about 8 and I do have a tanning skin.
However the sun is fierce here - you really can and do burn in 15 minutes if you're not protected. So slap it on and you should be fine. Suntan lotion isn't expensive here ( I've found) as it's such a necessity.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:02 pm
Maz

You need a good smack round the head there, laddie.

Its all cyclical down to the sun so don't get ya knickers in a twist about it - or are you as brainwashed as the rest of those environmentalist lefties!!!

You should have posted the video of the ozone hole shrinking and expanding in tune with the seasons but all in all staying virtually the same EXCEPT for growing in tandem with increased solar activity!

Then you go and find it. I'm feeling lazy.

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
You'll find that everyone ( well everyone I know) slaps on about factor 30 - 45 to total block. It just comes naturally. I was never one for a high factor before - about 8 and I do have a tanning skin.
However the sun is fierce here - you really can and do burn in 15 minutes if you're not protected. So slap it on and you should be fine. Suntan lotion isn't expensive here ( I've found) as it's such a necessity.
The SPF 50 is already packed.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:10 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need sunblock on your face and high factor on everything else exposed or you'll soon be very, very wrinkly and skin cancer cases are quite high over here. The dr told me the small of blokes backs are where skin cancer is particularly common cos of them bending over and their bums always hanging out and stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.