British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   summer good or bad? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/summer-good-bad-628046/)

inkling Aug 28th 2009 3:38 pm

summer good or bad?

Hello everybody,
this is just a quickie (maybe not depending on the out come). My family and I (3 kids) are thinking of moving to wellington. Now i don't mind the wind And driving rain, I'm a brummie living in Ireland so I know all about wind and rain. I just need to know how good or bad the summers in Wellington are.
Thanks for your time.
speak to you soon.

MnB Aug 28th 2009 3:50 pm

Re: summer good or bad?

Originally Posted by inkling (Post 7883783)
Hello everybody,
this is just a quickie (maybe not depending on the out come). My family and I (3 kids) are thinking of moving to wellington. Now i don't mind the wind And driving rain, I'm a brummie living in Ireland so I know all about wind and rain. I just need to know how good or bad the summers in Wellington are.
Thanks for your time.
speak to you soon.

Mmm you might get some replies here but may be better if you start a new thread in main forum ( bit below 'sheep dip')
If one of the superdooper mods comes along they might kindly move your request for you if you get stuck!
HTH B x

inkling Aug 28th 2009 7:13 pm

Sorry,
I will get the hang of it one day (hopefully)
Thanks for the guidance.

inkling Aug 28th 2009 7:30 pm

one more time

hi everybody,
I was just wandering if anybody could enlighten me on Wellington's summer's. Are they full of long warm evenings chillin with your friends or is it a case of I'll see you if the weather holds out.

MnB Aug 28th 2009 8:01 pm

Re: one more time

Originally Posted by inkling (Post 7884469)
hi everybody,
I was just wandering if anybody could enlighten me on Wellington's summer's. Are they full of long warm evenings chillin with your friends or is it a case of I'll see you if the weather holds out.

:thumbsup: hope you get some replies now!!
B x

kiwichicks Aug 28th 2009 9:28 pm

Hi Inkling
I saw your post on the introduction and the main forum
We work in Wellington and live on the Kapiti coast:cool:
Once the summer hits it is very hot everywhere
Having been here now 17months, it is more noticable that in all the season's Wellington is a few degrees cooler, and this you notice more in the winter, along with the strong winds, its feel very cold:eek:
Do you have to live in Wellington?
Any more questions feel free to ask :D

D

inkling Aug 30th 2009 10:24 am

Thanks for the heads up

kiwichicks Aug 30th 2009 10:33 am

No worries

D:thumbup: