Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Suggestions Please ...

Suggestions Please ...

Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:35 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Suggestions Please ...

I am SOOOOO excited!!

Hubby is away all day tomorrow and the kids are all at school - what to do?

Saturday, Saturday night and all day Sunday, just me and the youngest aged 6 ....

I appreciate to many this is not exciting. Well TRUST me when you have a stay at home Hubby with you all day every day and 4 kids - this is akin to a weekend in Vegas (I imagine)

Any suggestions for me to enjoy myself welcome ...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:52 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions Please ...

Dress up in a swimsuit or costume and dance around to Queen's "I want to Break free"

Turn up music really really loud.

Rent the kids rooms out to backpackers and make a few extra $$
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Dress up in a swimsuit or costume and dance around to Queen's "I want to Break free"

Turn up music really really loud.

Rent the kids rooms out to backpackers and make a few extra $$
I am pleased to report I do NOT own any Queen CD's.

Now the renting the rooms out to backpackers is a darn good idea ... where's my TradeMe account details ...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:24 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm.......
only been to thy fair city twice, once for a domestic and once flew in on the way to Eastern Bay area........to see a tractor with a bird's nest in it......
probably best not to do either with a 6 year old. Can't help then.
But what's the weather forecast?
http://www.metservice.com/default/in...alias=tauranga
says scortchio Friday, not bad Sat......so plenty to do
Enjoy C
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

well if i had the time to myself i would have a nice bath then put on fresh pj's order in a nice take away and settle down with a good book and a bottle of wine and some cheesy films maybe mamma mia lol and def dirty dancing

i know sounds boring but if like me you are on the 24/7 with hubby and kid/s then this sounds like heaven

caz
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. To keep your 6 year old happy, have you been to Longridge farm just out of Te Puke? Kiwifruit farm tour in an old army truck, a few animals to pet, cafe etc. Kiwi360 is okay too. Again - a farm tour with a couple of play areas, maze and obligatory cafe, gift shop etc. Maybe go for a walk in the Papamoa regional park. Loads of outdoor heated mineral pools in your area - the one out towards Welcome Bay would be nearest to you. Marshalls Animal Farm makes for an enjoyable outing also.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Come all the way over to Omokoroa.
There is a family gala with stalls and entertainment from 2 til 9. Oh and there`s also someone selling booze and music from the sixties ..........isn`t that your era?
Love you
Ash
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Ash1
Come all the way over to Omokoroa.
There is a family gala with stalls and entertainment from 2 til 9. Oh and there`s also someone selling booze and music from the sixties ..........isn`t that your era?
Love you
Ash
Sounds like a delightful village fete - think I'm busy watching the hair on my legs grow ...

Thank you for all your suggestions, I think it might be back up the top of the Papamoa Hills - we like that hike! as for the wine, I think I may lay off it for the weekend - my Bollinger Belly in a bikini is not a pretty site!