Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for our wish-list please.

Suggestions for our wish-list please.

Old Oct 13th 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Suggestions for our wish-list please.

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
So glad to hear things have settled for you. Best of luck with the EOI.

For others reading this, what were the main things do you think, that have helped it all come togather for you?
Life.

I think that's the most succinct way I can think to put it.

The wife's job is going well, a promotion is on the cards, our 5yr old is at school and thoroughly enjoying himself having made (and continuing to make) lots of new friends, our 3yr old goes to Kindy 2 days per week and on the other days I ferry him around to things like Playcentre, the library, the park or friends houses and so on.

We're both involved in the local community to varying degrees. We're greeted on the street in the local town by people we know and are able to greet them in return (I mean above and beyond the general pleasantries of saying hello to strangers anyway).

We've established and been welcomed in to a small, but growing, circle of very lovely friends, many of which will be life-long I'm sure.

We were very lucky to come across a house to rent that is in our ideal location and provides (almost) everything we could have wanted from a house in NZ in terms of it's proximity both to and away from the aspects of life we want close to us and far from us respectively.

Our life here is not idyllic, but it now feels great all the same.

There are aspects of NZ that still frustrate me enormously, but on the whole, I personally now love it here and although I've not fallen out with any of my family and friends back in good old blighty I can honestly say that I just don't feel, that I've got any reason to be back living there.

We're going back for a Holiday (Sister in law's wedding) there in April/May though.... I wonder how we'll find that now?!