Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Submitted ITA - Can anyone help?

Submitted ITA - Can anyone help?

Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:20 am
Just Joined

jemmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Submitted ITA - Can anyone help?

We have just submitted out ITA application , we have 110 points but no job offer, has anyone recently been granted PR on this basis?

Any tips for the interview?

Is there anyone who worked in the logistics/supply chain sector in the U.K and has now been able to secure a job? My partner (principal applicant) has recently applied to LAWSON WILLIAMS (based in Auckland), does anyone know of any relevant companies/recrutment agencies in the Bay of plenty?

We are hoping to relocate to Tauranga, anyone been? living there now? any thoughts about job opportunities?

Any help would be appreciated

Jemma
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Submitted ITA - Can anyone help?

We also submitted ITA on 110 pts with no job offer and have been told we'll get an answer this week, so i'll let you know!

Keep in mind though, the final decision will also depend on other factors that determine what the NZIS considers affect your ability to settle permanently in NZ. These they will generally discuss with you in the telephone settlement interview!

Dave
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paladin
We also submitted ITA on 110 pts with no job offer and have been told we'll get an answer this week, so i'll let you know!

Keep in mind though, the final decision will also depend on other factors that determine what the NZIS considers affect your ability to settle permanently in NZ. These they will generally discuss with you in the telephone settlement interview!

Dave

Thanks for that Dave, I wish you the best of luck!!

When did you submit your ITA? What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview? Was it a telephone interview?

Let me know how you get on

Jemma
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemmad

We have just submitted out ITA application , we have 110 points but no job offer, has anyone recently been granted PR on this basis?

Any tips for the interview?

Is there anyone who worked in the logistics/supply chain sector in the U.K and has now been able to secure a job? My partner (principal applicant) has recently applied to LAWSON WILLIAMS (based in Auckland), does anyone know of any relevant companies/recrutment agencies in the Bay of plenty?

We are hoping to relocate to Tauranga, anyone been? living there now? any thoughts about job opportunities?

Any help would be appreciated

Jemma
we had 115 points & no job offer, got a PR after interview , i think basically as long as they know your serious & prepared to work hard to support yourselfs & have done a bit of homework as to regards of living in NZ your OK. We're emigrating in 7weeks. Good luck , hope it goes well.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

hi there
telephone interview is very straight forward - why do you want to come to nz, what have you done about work, what will you do about work, have you been, what have you done about finding out about nz, what difficulties do you expect to have etc etc etc. just be warned that it will feel a bit stilted cos they write down your answers as you give them so it's not a 2 way conversation as such.
re: tauranga - visited and have family living there but can't tell you too much about employment - there are quite a few others on here who know the area very well and I'm sure will help - you could pm Gill and Rob, they are in Rotorua or exgeordie who's in tauranga
good luck with it all
Vicki
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Submitted ITA - Can anyone help?

Happy birthday Vicki (joshlin)
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Happy birthday Vicki (joshlin)
why thank you - kind of you to notice.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jemmad
Thanks for that Dave, I wish you the best of luck!!

When did you submit your ITA? What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview? Was it a telephone interview?

Let me know how you get on

Jemma
Just got the email today........ granted full PR.... YEEHAA!!!!!!

Jemmad, check my signature to this post which shows our timeline. Bare in mind when you receive your ITA you have 4 months to submit & we took it to the wire so our timeline has been protracted by 4 months.

The questions are very straightforward:
Why do you want to go?
Where? & why?
Finances?
How will you go about settling in?
What are you doing about job hunting?
etc, etc.

You get the picture!!

The London NZIS do the interviews by phone. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes or so.

Hope that helps a bit.
Dave

Last edited by Paladin; Feb 16th 2006 at 10:23 am. Reason: add'l info
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppets
we had 115 points & no job offer, got a PR after interview , i think basically as long as they know your serious & prepared to work hard to support yourselfs & have done a bit of homework as to regards of living in NZ your OK. We're emigrating in 7weeks. Good luck , hope it goes well.
Hey Poppets, good luck with the move, we'll be joining you soon!!!!

Dave
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paladin
Just got the email today........ granted full PR.... YEEHAA!!!!!!

Jemmad, check my signature to this post which shows our timeline. Bare in mind when you receive your ITA you have 4 months to submit & we took it to the wire so our timeline has been protracted by 4 months.

The questions are very straightforward:
Why do you want to go?
Where? & why?
Finances?
How will you go about settling in?
What are you doing about job hunting?
etc, etc.

You get the picture!!

The London NZIS do the interviews by phone. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes or so.

Hope that helps a bit.
Dave
Congratulations, im really pleased for you, hope everything goes well. Thanks for the advice.

Jemmad
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations! I head out to the North Shore job hunting in April.. but i won't be taking mt scuba gear this time. It didn't get wet at all last August, so I'll wait until I get my PR before shipping it half way across the world again!