Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Suarez performing 'The Hand of God' ?

Suarez performing 'The Hand of God' ?

Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice
Angry Suarez performing 'The Hand of God' ?

As a Liverpool boy and a once keen follower of the Reds, I was pretty much disgusted by Louis Suarez's blatant hand ball/goal against..dare I say..Mansfield! Did we really need to cheat to beat this nigh on amateur team? I'm glad I don't bother with Sky TV anymore, just for the sport.

Ashamed.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suarez performing 'The Hand of God' ?

Originally Posted by chris the property man
As a Liverpool boy and a once keen follower of the Reds, I was pretty much disgusted by Louis Suarez's blatant hand ball/goal against..dare I say..Mansfield! Did we really need to cheat to beat this nigh on amateur team? I'm glad I don't bother with Sky TV anymore, just for the sport.

Ashamed.
Haven't seen it but how come the ref and linesman didn't see it if it was blatant and obvious?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Haven't seen it but how come the ref and linesman didn't see it if it was blatant and obvious?
Since when did refs and linesmen not get it wrong?

Have a look at it on youtube and you will see what I mean.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

The kissing of the offending limb after he scored gave it away really. Looks like the ref, linesman & of course Brendan Rodgers were the only ones not to see it.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickey_d
The kissing of the offending limb after he scored gave it away really. Looks like the ref, linesman & of course Brendan Rodgers were the only ones not to see it.
Agreed.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Harsh on Rodgers, from BBC Sport;

Originally Posted by Brendan Rodgers
The former Swansea boss added: "There's no doubt it was handball, but the referee and the officials ruled it wasn't deliberate.

"I spoke to the fourth official when it was given because I couldn't see and he said it was [handball] so I can only assume they thought it wasn't deliberate.

"So obviously it was unfortunate for Mansfield and lucky for us that we got the goal."

This is top level sport I'm afriad to say, they are elite atheletes literally doing anything to win a game of football. Remember Suarez in the World Cup QF against Ghana? Ghana would have, without a shadow of doubt, have gone through without his blatant intervention.

I'm not saying it's right, but if one doesn't like the skullduggery in top level sport then don't watch it, eventually you'll only be disappointed in the controversy.

This isn't anything new by the way, and isn't limited to Football. But with more media coverage and live games than the good old days there is way more focus on such occurances.

Check out;

Panama Lewis (Resto v. Collins), 1983
The Nat Lofthouse 2nd goal in the FA Cup Final, 1958
The infamous underarm delivery (Aus v. NZ), 1981
Bloodgate in Rugby Union, 2009

Last edited by TommyLuck; Jan 7th 2013 at 11:43 am.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Since when did refs and linesmen not get it wrong?

Have a look at it on youtube and you will see what I mean.
From the clip i saw it looked like his initial reaction was that he didn't think they'd allow it and must have seen it.

He does always kiss his wrist when he scores...

Another day and it will be Liverpool on the receiving end of such a decision...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
From the clip i saw it looked like his initial reaction was that he didn't think they'd allow it and must have seen it.

He does always kiss his wrist when he scores...

Another day and it will be Liverpool on the receiving end of such a decision...
Yep, I thought the same. And you're right...what goes around, comes around. Let's just hope it's not at a crucial point of an important game!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Suarez and liverpool are perfect for each other

Shame because he's actually a very good player and doesn't need to bring this onto him

Anyway what shocked me was seeing all those Liverpool fans in the away end standing. I presume Margaret Aspinall has commented saying those supporters have insulted her and insulted the 96?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't get to see the full match...what was going on with the fans?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:23 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

I am a Mansfield lad, and a Stags fan through and through for 35 + years , was gutted to have been cheated like that especially as we came out for the second half on fire and were the better team during that period of the match. Theres not been too much to cheers about recently and getting the home draw again Liverpool was the highlight of many a heartbreak over the last few years, would have been like winning the World Cup if we'd have won it or got the deserved draw, I ran up quite a txt bill during the 90 minutes yesterday to folks in the ground .. ah well, we wouldn't have won the cup for sure but it did leave a very nasty sour taste
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bga
I am a Mansfield lad, and a Stags fan through and through for 35 + years , was gutted to have been cheated like that especially as we came out for the second half on fire and were the better team during that period of the match. Theres not been too much to cheers about recently and getting the home draw again Liverpool was the highlight of many a heartbreak over the last few years, would have been like winning the World Cup if we'd have won it or got the deserved draw, I ran up quite a txt bill during the 90 minutes yesterday to folks in the ground .. ah well, we wouldn't have won the cup for sure but it did leave a very nasty sour taste
It was a shocker, I agree. Managed to get it on an Aussie channel in a hightlights programme during last night's shift and we freeze-framed it on the large screen (this is a HUGE screen, think 25 feet long type of screen). Very obvious, so much so that even the Aussies with me were saying it was a clear handball.
Such a shame cos a match like that should be one to remember, not leave a sour taste, as you say. I'm a Forest fan and subscribe to their on-line live audio - the day before during the Forest match they were giving Mansfield such a good local build-up, and on the day your boys were great
Shame it all went sour
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I didn't get to see the full match...what was going on with the fans?
It's one thing that really annoys me about Liverpool football club Chris. It's quite common to see their supporters standing at away games and on the Anfield kop, yet once terracing is mentioned - the HJC and the club attack anyone that thinks that saying people standing are insulting the dead.

Other clubs clearly see what's happening but to Liverpool - it's ok for them to stand as the HJC accept they can but other clubs (particularly the club I support), get shot down immediately

Sorry if it's a touchy subject.

To be honest, you should have been home and dry before the Suarez goal in my opinion. But at least you've done your job and are through to the next round. Liverpool have usually countered problems against non league opposition, I remember Havant & Waterlooville giving them a game, and then obviously the Barnsley match which a poster on here will gladly talk about

One thing that is clear, Jamie Carragher is no longer good enough in my opinion for the premier league. He was made to look bang average. Oh and why on earth did Kenny Dalglish spunk all that money on Stewart Downing? He's close to rivaling Andy Sinton as the worst left winger ever to put an England shirt on
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:24 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It was a shocker, I agree. Managed to get it on an Aussie channel in a hightlights programme during last night's shift and we freeze-framed it on the large screen (this is a HUGE screen, think 25 feet long type of screen). Very obvious, so much so that even the Aussies with me were saying it was a clear handball.
Such a shame cos a match like that should be one to remember, not leave a sour taste, as you say. I'm a Forest fan and subscribe to their on-line live audio - the day before during the Forest match they were giving Mansfield such a good local build-up, and on the day your boys were great
Shame it all went sour
Being a Forest fan then you feel my pain , not to worry - alls fair in love and war I guess ... heres TVNZ's take on it and a decent video link too http://tvnz.co.nz/football-news/suar...onesty-5313843
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm a Forest fan
You probably don't like my profile picture then
Could be on for your 4th consecutive defeat against Non-league Nigel's mighty Rams next week
Attached Thumbnails Suarez performing 'The Hand of God' ?-derby-v-forest.jpg  

Last edited by mickey_d; Jan 8th 2013 at 1:27 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.