British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Su & Jp have arrived :-) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/su-jp-have-arrived-663451/)

GonetoNZ Apr 11th 2010 12:00 am

Su & Jp have arrived :-)

Hi,

We have moved from Guernsey, UK to NZ. Jp is a carpenter and we have based ourselves in Blenheim for the time being and have both been applying for (numerous) jobs in Marlborough and Nelson - without any success.

We are determined to make it work in NZ as we have put a lot in and left a lot behind with our decision to live here permenantly so we will just keep on trying!

It's good to read about other peoples experiences and advice - I think we will be frequent visitors to the site over the up and coming few months.

Su & Jp

RobDon Apr 11th 2010 4:13 am

Re: Su & Jp have arrived :-)

Hi Su & Jp
Welcome to BE! Happy posting;)

MattandJax Apr 13th 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by GonetoNZ (Post 8487119)
Hi,

We have moved from Guernsey, UK to NZ. Jp is a carpenter and we have based ourselves in Blenheim for the time being and have both been applying for (numerous) jobs in Marlborough and Nelson - without any success.

We are determined to make it work in NZ as we have put a lot in and left a lot behind with our decision to live here permenantly so we will just keep on trying!

It's good to read about other peoples experiences and advice - I think we will be frequent visitors to the site over the up and coming few months.

Su & Jp

hi and good luck with the job hunting!
determination is everything!
keep us updated on your shenannigans!:thumbup:

Dewb09 Apr 13th 2010 7:46 pm

Hi & Welcome to you both :thumbsup:

Good luck with the job hunting, hope all the perseverance pays off for you

Dewb

harrogate girl Apr 14th 2010 1:47 am

Hi,

Su & Jp

Hope it all goes well for you!!! you may find it best to select companies and go direct to them and take CV with you.

Perth81 May 25th 2010 5:27 am

Hi,

Su & Jp

Hi,
I am based in Nelson and I know how hard it can be to find work in the area but hang in there and good luck with ur job hunting!

:)

BEVS May 25th 2010 5:38 am

Welcome to this little NZ forum. :)