Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stupid Question..... Stray cat in Auckland

Stupid Question..... Stray cat in Auckland

Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Stupid Question..... Stray cat in Auckland

Well I say stray. It may just be lost, but it is sitting outside the doors of the B&B where I am staying and meowing all day and night, and we are pretty sure that it is starving.

Now, if this were my house I would feed it and leave it to do whatever, but as it is not my house, but a B&B (Which I am moving out of in 5 days) I am not wanting to feed this cat and have it assume that the B&B is it's new home or something, as that is not fair on the cat or the owners of the B&B who are on holiday in Germany at the moment.

The Staff here are nice, but as much in the dark as to me as to do what with this poor little (and cute!) cat so I am wondering if anybody knows of any rescue centers in Mount Eden, Auckland, that we can call or take it to..... If that is what Kiwi's do with strays that is! I plan to do a google search, but not being sure what Kiwi's do about stray cats, I thought I should ask before I do something potentially stupid.

I do want to adopt it, but as I'm of no fixed abode myself.....

Thanks. Gizzy.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Question..... Stray cat in Auckland

Call the Auckland SPCA: http://www.spca.org.nz/education/emergencies.htm
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:36 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww poor lil thing!

I'd say feed it for now if its starving and then take it to an animal rescue centre for rehoming, bless
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice folks.

The live-in caretaker has decided to take it in until Monday and then take it to a rescue center - and if it isn't clamed, adopt it!

She has just come back from a work trip today so that's good. I hope the poor little thing is micro-chipped so that it can be returned to it's owners. I know I would be frantic if one of my boys vanished for a few days!

Emergency over! I'll have to let you know if she becomes a perminant addition to the B&B!