Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A stupid question??

A stupid question??

Old May 7th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

debj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud of
Default A stupid question??

Hi!
My EOI was selected a couple of weeks ago... I had an e-mail today from a lady at NZ house who wants me to send her a copy of my job offer.
I thought I would not need to do any of this til an ITA.. has anyone else had this happen? Do I need to worry?
Cheers!!

Old May 7th 2008, 9:48 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all
Default Re: A stupid question??

Hello there

You shouldn't need to worry if all is above board and one of the required skills and everything else they seem to put in your way to stop you getting to NZ
They do some pre-lim checks now at the EOI stage, the plus side being you get a name and direct line (no more £1.00 a minute) of somebody at NZIS. And they are very nice and helpful. It is supposed to speed things up a bit when you get your ITA, bet it doesn't though.

Haven't had to provide proof as no job offer as yet, but had to talk through why my ITA isn't going to happen without a job offer to go with my qualifications and 19 years of experience Still never mind, as they say in NZ "she'll be 'right"

Good luck

Martin
Old May 8th 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Smilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really nice

Originally Posted by debj
Hi!
My EOI was selected a couple of weeks ago... I had an e-mail today from a lady at NZ house who wants me to send her a copy of my job offer.
I thought I would not need to do any of this til an ITA.. has anyone else had this happen? Do I need to worry?
Cheers!!

Got to say it but the only stupid question is the one which is never asked.
Old May 8th 2008, 1:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debj
Hi!
Cheers!!

if you have the necessary job offer then HELL NO!! You're being helped along!
Old May 8th 2008, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, same thoughts went through my head -- there is NO such thing as a stupid question. All questions are valid and should be asked, cos chances are someone else is out there wanting to know the same thing.

Says she that was always told 'If you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer.'