British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Stuff clogging up the Grocery list thread which others were enjoying.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/stuff-clogging-up-grocery-list-thread-others-were-enjoying-770361/)

Expat Kiwi Sep 2nd 2012 10:14 pm

Stuff clogging up the Grocery list thread which others were enjoying..

I can give you prices from stores here if anyone wants to see them? you may have to wait a few days though :D

BEVS Sep 2nd 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Waikatoguy's Great Grocery Shop Comparison

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10259488)
It wasn't really intended as a thread to discuss which country is better than another.

I agree . It's clear this is simply about a straightforward grocery shop list. Nothing else ! So I'll move the other type posts ( with the exception of mine :sneaky:) into a thread of their own, where that debate can continue.

BEVS Sep 2nd 2012 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi (Post 10260502)
I can give you prices from stores here if anyone wants to see them? you may have to wait a few days though :D

I'd start a new thread for that perhaps. Saves muddying the waters. NZ v OZ ?

Expat Kiwi Sep 2nd 2012 10:35 pm

Good idea, otherwise it may get a bit messy.

BEVS Sep 2nd 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi (Post 10260528)
Good idea, otherwise it may get a bit messy.

Yis & thank you.

waikatoguy Sep 3rd 2012 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi (Post 10260502)

To be honest I don't see the point. The difference is that I set up this exercise to provide information. Whereas you're going to be doing it to prove something. Some of the items I used were not the cheapest in either Uk or NZ. For example, I chose Persil laundry powder because that was a brand they sell in both countries. What brand will you choose for Oz? I chose Edam cheese because they sell that in Tescos and Countdown. Do they sell that in Oz? ... etc, etc. If not, what type of cheese will you use? The cheapest? And when there was a special in either country, I ignored it and took the full price. Going on some of your previous posts, I'm not sure that impartiality in the maths will be your major focus.

Expat Kiwi Sep 3rd 2012 12:44 am

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10260604)
To be honest I don't see the point. The difference is that I set up this exercise to provide information. Whereas you're going to be doing it to prove something. Some of the items I used were not the cheapest in either Uk or NZ. For example, I chose Persil laundry powder because that was a brand they sell in both countries. What brand will you choose for Oz? I chose Edam cheese because they sell that in Tescos and Countdown. Do they sell that in Oz? ... etc, etc. If not, what type of cheese will you use? The cheapest? And when there was a special in either country, I ignored it and took the full price. Going on some of your previous posts, I'm not sure that impartiality in the maths will be your major focus.

:nod:

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10260616)
My bad. Thanks. I think I mixed up median and average somewhere along the line. I didn't really delve into it enough I guess.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...6#post10260616

and I'll say no more :whistle:

waikatoguy Sep 3rd 2012 12:59 am

Bleedin Nora. I've got better things to do with my life. Struth. I don't know what sort of perverse pleasure you get from your contributions here, considering you're neither a Brit or someone living in NZ. I don't believe I've read one complimentary word.

BEVS Sep 3rd 2012 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Tomsk (Post 10258436)
Good on you Waikatoguy, seems like a great idea.

Quite.

I will repeat.

Originally Posted by BEVS
It's clear this is simply about a straightforward grocery shop list. Nothing else !

I'm rather hoping this thread isn't derailed further .

Put each other on ignore please. It'll save me time and effort moving posts around to ensure perfectly good threads aren't derailed or clogged & also that there has been no throwing of buns, either Tesco's own or Countdowns signature range.

waikatoguy Sep 3rd 2012 1:49 am

How about deleting this entire page of posts Bevs. :) I'd be for that!

BEVS Sep 3rd 2012 2:06 am

Re: Stuff clogging up the Grocery list thread which others were enjoying..

I won't delete posts that don't break the rules as such.

As people seem to have been enjoying the grocery thread, I will move the conversation elsewhere.

TBH It might have been better had the 3 of us had this conversation via PM.

I am mindful I have already moved a developing discussion on income v expenditure to a thread of it's own where it is free to run within the BE rules.

On the subject matter of grocery lists.
Waikato Guy. Back to the grocery list for you.
Expat Kiwi . Feel free to start an OZ grocery thread if you wish.

Closed now.