Reload this Page >

Studying and Working in NZ

Studying and Working in NZ

Old May 5th 2013, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Pyrrhus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Studying and Working in NZ

Hello all,

At the moment I am in year two of my BA Honour's in History and Creative Writing.

After this, I was hoping to progress into an Mphil (Masters' of Philosophy) in History, and then eventually a Phd.

The issue I have, however, is that I just don't want to stay in the UK for this long, and if I am going to have to pay full funding for this here, I'd much rather take my services elsewhere. I know the Phd is pretty ubiquitous, but the Mphil seems to dry up as you leave the UK.

I would like to know if anyone planning to relocate to NZ, or already has, through a similar path of progression to myself, has encountered and resolved said issues.

At this point, I am thinking of just doing my PGCE and trying to relocate, and then perhaps attempt to study further in NZ.

If anyone could offer any help on this, I would be grateful. It's a real head-spinner: hate UK, can't yet leave UK!

I look forward to your replies.