Reload this Page >

Student ODP needing advice

Student ODP needing advice

Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

ODPinTraining is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Student ODP needing advice

Hi there

I'm a student ODP and my husband and I + 2 boys are looking for a move to New Zealand once I'm qualified

Could you advise me on the following questions..

are ODP jobs in new zealand the same as the UK .. will I get to scrub and work in Anaesthetics I ideally would love to work in Obstetrics

Do I need post qualification experience ??

Lastly my husband is a Maths Teacher .. will work be easy to find and as I'm younger should I do the Visa application...

Really really sorry for all the questions

Lindsey x
Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default Re: Student ODP needing advice

Hi

I think you need to check the NZ immigration website as to wether ODPs are in demand. If not why not use your husband as the main applicant.

As for experience post qualification, not sure it matters but it might get you extra points. Hopefully someone on here will know for sure.

Good luck

Becky
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

ODPinTraining is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes ODP's are on the demand ,,, Fingers crossed someone will read thanks
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

sarah spelman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am starting my ODP training in sept 09 Am qualified hairdresser with enough experience to get in Aus with visa but as I am changing career, dont want to apply as hairdresser. Does anyone know how much post grad exper is needed after qualifiing? If I did apply as hairdresser do I have to work as one or could I do something diff once over there.

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

ODP's are anaethetic technicians here, so I don;t think you get the opportunity to scrub.
Check out http://www.nzats.co.nz/
Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
ODP's are anaethetic technicians here, so I don;t think you get the opportunity to scrub.
Cheers
Gill
Hi Thanks Gill web site was helpful. Think we are going to apply through my husband as I.T. Manager. Should be easier and will allow me to add to my qualification without any pressure of being the wage earner.
Ta again
Sarah and Ben
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:12 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Cheers
Gill
ODP's don't scrub, gas passing only I'm afraid. 110% certain, if you are happy with that then you'll be fine.

HTH

A
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

silverangel001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
Im an ODP student, and will be 52 when I qualify. Does anyone know if it is likely that I will be able to get a job in New Zealand at my grand old age :-} From what I have read online, it seems I would be expected to have 2 years post qualification experience...that would mean I'd be 54! The whole point of my doing this qualification was give me a profession that I could use to get me into NZ. Do you think I am doomed in my quest?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I am not sure either, I am starting my training in September as an ODP and have commited myself to two more years in the UK to finish before we plan to go. My older two are also doing their GCSE and A Levels at the same time. I as I said, could come over now as a Hairdresser but want to change career I also felt if NZ didnt go to plan and we moved back a UK Qual would be more benificial. We are off to EXPO end of March and have decided to make our decision from what info we find there. I will find out what I can from the Health recruitments there. We have also been told that My Husband needs to secure a job offer in I.T. too, so no pressure! I will post when we have been, Good look with your search for info

Sarah