Student loan

Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student loan

Originally Posted by simonsi
Just out of personal interest but does the loan keep growing with interest even while you are not even eligible to pay it back due to income?
Depends when and where it was taken out and the product a person agreed to at the time.

Student Loan Repayment - Student Loan Repayment
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:39 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Depends when and where it was taken out and the product a person agreed to at the time.

Student Loan Repayment - Student Loan Repayment
Ah ok thanks. Horrible system, horribly implemented.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Ah ok thanks. Horrible system, horribly implemented.
Yeah for sure. I'm kinda quite happy I wasn't clever enough for Uni, but concerned for what the future holds for my kids. May start saving up now so they don't have to get in to student loans
Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:17 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Yeah for sure. I'm kinda quite happy I wasn't clever enough for Uni, but concerned for what the future holds for my kids. May start saving up now so they don't have to get in to student loans
We are doing everything we can to keep their loans minimal. Because our kids are five years apart we don't face two of them going at once but it's thousands and thousands per year. DD1 works at uni too and gets some grandparent support, but it's still hard going and we'll be doing it for ten years for the two of them! Think very carefully about them taking out a NZ student loan because if they later want to spend time overseas the interest and repayment demands are enormous - one of the most punitive in the world. Look into it for your kids - at that age they just aren't old enough to take on that sort of debt with those sort of conditions attached, imo. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out into a fairer system by then but I won't hold my breath ....
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Hopefully it'll all be sorted out into a fairer system by then but I won't hold my breath ....
Yep. A political decision, nothing to do with economics.

I could go on, but you need to understand the agenda that pervades both the Right and the New Left.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope you're okay - give us an update and have a big hug. As Pom said breathe, stay calm and come up with a plan.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Been to the doc. I'm on antidepressants now. Probably a long time coming. Hopefully they'll help soon and I can get some sleep. Then I'll deal with the sharks. Dread to think what I'll be paying back now but my health is more important at the moment. Thank you for your kind help, I wasn't all that sure I'd get such a good reception xx
Old Feb 15th 2017, 2:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Your health must be your number one priority. The loan will get fixed eventually, just take each minute/hour/day as it comes for now. Not sure where you are but if you would like to meet up for a coffee and chat and just to unload, and you're not too far away then I'm happy to do that.

I'm on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula and I've been taking the happy pills for years!
Old Feb 15th 2017, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you thank you for your kind offer. One I'm out of the woods I would really like to take you up on the offer. Mind you I'm a tad far from the peninsula but it could be a nice drive!
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Thank you thank you for your kind offer. One I'm out of the woods I would really like to take you up on the offer. Mind you I'm a tad far from the peninsula but it could be a nice drive!
Sure, no hurry. Are you still out west? I've just had a nose back through a few of your old threads (Nice to remember people who don't post anymore.) and you were near Titirangi.

We can always meet up somewhere in the middle. A friend of mine used to live in Swanson (she's in Aussie now ) and I used to meet her at a cafe in Hobsonville.

Whenever you feel upto it chuck, just PM me. As I say, take your time getting yourself healthy.