Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stuck in Invercargill!

Stuck in Invercargill!

Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Stuck in Invercargill!

We are on one of our south island visits and due to the torrential rain and flooding we are not going to be able to do our tour of Doubtful Sounds. I was really looking forward to it.

We have seen lots of bays and stunning scenery on the east and south coast. Still have lots more to do including Dunedin.

I think the south island has more stunning scenery compared to the north island but definately alot colder. Nice to visit but I am glad I chose to live on the north.
We are stopping at the moment in a great little motel in Invercargill where the humour of the owner is second to none. Service and the room etc is also fantastic. So much so we are stopping a second night!
I am back to the internet now to decide what roads are open and where we can visit tomorrow. Aiming to make our way back to Dunedin for friday lunchtime. Wish me luck!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stuck in Invercargill!

I wish you luck and it is a great shame about Doubtful Sound as that is a truly wonderful place. Or was back in '97
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:18 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame you cant get to see the Sounds, beautiful place, Firodland is an awesome place, stop whining about the cold , you soft Pome, thats what keeps all the Pomes away, and we get this beautiful real NZ to ourselves lol

If you were in Dunners in Feb you wouldnt have believed the heat, we reached the highest temps in country and out here where we live it got to 38 one day arrghh, hope the weather holds for Dunedin for you , a mate at work was catching Crayfish Sat/Sun in Doubtful sound, caught some huge bugs (crays), enjoy your trip around South.

Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get to Dunners safely and enjoy your tripWould offer to meet up but on crutches and unable to drive at the moment,but enjoy the beautiful city of Dunedin.

Phyl x
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Well we made it out of Invercargill via Wyndham as Wallacetown was a complete wash out. We stayed at an ok place in Manapouri and did the Doubtful Sounds Nature crise on Wednesday. It was absolutely Awesome 8 hous of scenery and nature. The Weather was about right misty and very moody looking I have some great photos and memories. (Will see if I can upload one)

We are now back in Invercargill and have internet acess again. We came via Riverton and Gemstone Beech and I have lots of nice shinny stones to take back to the north with me! We are driving to Dunedin tomorrow (Friday) and do a little more of the city if we can prior to our flight. We did the Castle Gardens and Baldwin street prior to leaving last Saturday to do the Great tour of the south of the south! VIa Nugget Point and Catlins

It has been a good trip all round and I would definately reccommend Garden Grove Motel in Invercargill if anyone is ever down this way.

Our next south island trip we need to do the North section as we havent ventured past Kaikoura yet! Heres to 2011
Attached Thumbnails Stuck in Invercargill!-p1010144.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Well if I'd known you were staying with our Brian at Garden Grove I'd have called in and said hi!! Absolutely fab place we were there 6 weeks when we arrived last year.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

We stayed for two nights initially then went back for another night as we decided that we didn't have enough insults the first time!

Great place and very filling cooked breakfasts.

Love the south but I was rather cold!

Will be back in about 18 months so will put another post up closer to the time!
Maybe we can have a north south meet up!