Strikes

Old Nov 8th 2018, 5:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strikes

who's not striking?

so we have primary school teachers
possibly college teachers
Midwives
Anaesthetic technician
Court staff
Pharmacists and Pharmacy technicians
St John ambulance workers
Bus Drivers

all because of pay and or conditions.
over riding theme on these professions is that they support the people of this country, without them where would the country be.
I know a few members used to work within these careers only to be disheartened and leave them, do they think the public are aware of the scope of the problems or do the media need to be more proactive in getting the issues out to gain further support?
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:41 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Strikes

I think they sense blood in the water on wages more than any material change. Public sector wages are still well ahead of the private sector. Low unemployment has creased upwards pressure on wages and this government have shown they are good at caving in early and often.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strikes

I know cleaners who charge nearly as much as midwives get paid per hour!!! No wonder they are leaving the profession in droves.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:32 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

for teachers I know its just not the wage but the amount of hours they need to work just to get the work done, College teachers get lots more time out of class to carry out work than the primary school teachers do.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I think they sense blood in the water .
Yup.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
for teachers I know its just not the wage but the amount of hours they need to work just to get the work done, College teachers get lots more time out of class to carry out work than the primary school teachers do.
For hospital midwives, the staff shortages, unsocial hours and the fact that they have to supervise nurses but only get paid a $1/hr extra than the nurses get is also part of the issue. On top of that is the gender issue and the lack of pay equality because the majority of midwives are women.