Stressed re dog!!

Old May 12th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stressed re dog!!

Hi all,
Thought I had every thing sorted. House sold, movers 25/26 May leaving Notts 27 May to stay with my Dad and stepmum. Son's last exam 27th May. So thought all that was fine. Just tried to book prmiere inn at the end of our road (no dogs allowed). Have tried everywhere but the weekend starting 27th is a major water sport event in Nottingham so everything is booked. Best I could do is the 25/26 in a bnb about 10 miles away. We could have just gone to dad's that afternoon of 27th but just found out that he went to hosp this morning and has been told that he needs surgery for melonoma so he can't have the dog in the house. Even having us to stay may be too much for them both to cope with.
So time to rethink, trip to Italy is prob off the cards as my Dad and stepmum were going to have the dog. Dad seems fine but can't help thinking he is playing this down a lot so as not to worry us now that we are all booked up to go.
Bella is flying on 14th June (that was cause we were going to be in Italy for a while). Worried about her flying as she is such a scaredy dog (which I could just take her on my knee with me.
We fly 11th arriving 13th June so we can just pick her up from the airport when she gets there.
Got accommodation, rental car and school organised for when we arrive.
But am feeling very stressed, need a couple of tubs of mr tubby's (great name) and a wee nap to collect my thoughts as the phone has not stopped ringing and my mind has stopped working.
Sorry it sounds like a rant, not meant to be but how great that I can write how I'm feeling all down.
Hope everyone is doing ok on this forum, and all will be well I just need the Mr Tubby's now!!
Kaz
Old May 12th 2011, 9:33 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stressed re dog!!

Firstly, sorry to hear about your dad. Secondly ... BREATHE!!! We've all had last minute panics and jitters, it would be strange if you didn't.

I'm a little confused by your post, (trust me I'm easily confused.) I think the Italy bit is throwing me.

Who is the dog flying to NZ with? My 2 dobermans flew with Air Pets. They have kennels practically at Heathrow. We dropped the dogs off a couple of days before we flew as my Dad didn't want them at his, which was our last stop in the UK.

They also will collect the animals from your home. Obviously at additional costs, but could be similar with whoever you are using? Have them collect her before worrying about Dad's and B and B's and kennel her at theirs until her flights to NZ. It won't be cheap, but I'm sure it can be done.
Old May 13th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Am Loolah;9360808]Firstly, sorry to hear about your dad. Secondly ... BREATHE!!! We've all had last minute panics and jitters, it would be strange if you didn't.

Thanks Am Loolah,
Yes even I was confused with my own post. Just shows you were my head is, I feel like I have scrambled egg for a brain!! Poor Dad feels terrible that he can't help out now but they don't need any extra stress right now.
We have to move out on the 25/26 for the movers. House completes on 27th. I stupidly thought we could stay at a near by travel inn for those days but they don't take pets. So hubby will sleep in the house with dog on a borrowed mattress. But that still leaves him without a bed on the 27th.
My sister has now said that we can stay with her from 28th May - 31st May. We can then (I hope as I haven't yet checked) that we take the dog to Shropshire and board her there with Golden Arrow until they fly her on the 14th June. We will then fly to Italy on the 2nd June returning on the 9th. Stay with my bro on the 10th and fly ourselves on the 11th June.
I was all organised to stay with my Dad and stepmum while we selfishly went to Italy while they had the dog but then Dad got this diagnosis. Stepmum panicking about dog infections after dads opp. Think it is too stressful for them to have the dog around.
Re packing, I seem to be going in circles and not achieving very much but oh well guess that happens to everyone.
Anyway like you say deep breath and lots of lists.
Cheers
Kaz
Old May 13th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, now this looks like it may turn into a therepy session for myself. But hey that is good if it keeps my sane (it's all relative). Dad now has been phone with a cancellation appointment which means they can now look after the dog as long as he is well. So we won't book Italy before we know.
Looking around my house and all the junk and don't really know where to start. I know I need to get my head around it and pick off one room at a time. Just don't know how I could have collected so much junk in a year I always thought I was a def not a hoarder. How wrong could I have been!
But good news is I have found a fab way to loose weight real quick,
1. Lots of stress
2. Don't eat
3. Only black coffee, diet coke and cigarettes
4.Don't sleep after 4am
5. Only Mr Tubby's as food source

hey its working for me

Have a good day all
Kaz
Old May 13th 2011, 6:24 pm
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by babybella
Ok, now this looks like it may turn into a therepy session for myself. But hey that is good if it keeps my sane (it's all relative). Dad now has been phone with a cancellation appointment which means they can now look after the dog as long as he is well. So we won't book Italy before we know.
Looking around my house and all the junk and don't really know where to start. I know I need to get my head around it and pick off one room at a time. Just don't know how I could have collected so much junk in a year I always thought I was a def not a hoarder. How wrong could I have been!
But good news is I have found a fab way to loose weight real quick,
1. Lots of stress
2. Don't eat
3. Only black coffee, diet coke and cigarettes
4.Don't sleep after 4am
5. Only Mr Tubby's as food source

hey its working for me

Have a good day all
Kaz
hi thre

i am still lost but i live in notts and have a spare room with a bed. i also have 3 king charles cavs so the dog would not be a problem. please explain to me what is going on, NZ. italy etc. i could possibly help

jo
Old May 14th 2011, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Morning all. Dad goes in for his surgery today so hoping all goes well and he makes a quick recovery.
I think someone really does not want us to make that quick trip to Italy before we fly as our youngest dislocated his knee last night. So that was the best part of the night at hospital.
With 3 boys we have definatly had our tax monies worth out of the NHS.
Somehow I can't see him squeezing into an Easy jet seat with his crutches, so it looks like Italy is off the cards . Oh well we haven't seen Cornwall yet!
Another day of packing and sorting lies ahead for me.
Cheers
Kaz
Old May 14th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

and breathe... all will come fine, Harv is going to Golden Arrow next weekend but not flying till the Thursday. The team there have been so fantastic, we unfortunately have a problem due to our vets not sending the bloods off but Golden Arrow have got everything sorted and I take my hat off to them. I have no problem entrusting Harvey into their care next weekend from my experiences with them so far and it looks like they are in a lovely setting so worst case scenario am sure Bella will be fine.... hope you get to Italy

We are going to send Harv down with a prebiotic as he is predisposed to stress colitis and has never been kennelled so if Bella is really nervy that is also something you might want to consider
Old May 14th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Si19761
and breathe... all will come fine, Harv is going to Golden Arrow next weekend but not flying till the Thursday. The team there have been so fantastic, we unfortunately have a problem due to our vets not sending the bloods off but Golden Arrow have got everything sorted and I take my hat off to them. I have no problem entrusting Harvey into their care next weekend from my experiences with them so far and it looks like they are in a lovely setting so worst case scenario am sure Bella will be fine.... hope you get to Italy

We are going to send Harv down with a prebiotic as he is predisposed to stress colitis and has never been kennelled so if Bella is really nervy that is also something you might want to consider
Hi there,
thanks for the message. Yes Golden Arrow have been great with all my questions. Bella is a 2 year old staffie cross, very gentle, does not even bark at the postman. But she is very nervous, does not like traffic and even shakes when you start to take her for a walk. Fine when she gets out and loves playing with other dogs. But I am worried about the flight and if we are being selfish putting her through it. She makes herself sick if she is anxious so I with def ask the vet a prebiotic (quessing it is a sedative).
yes deep breath and get on with it.
Cheers
Kaz