stressed

Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default stressed

Anyone else stressed to the point where the've given up?
I've just decided to ged rid of the shipping company i was using and to change to another more competant one. No problem there except we move out next week! Obviously i should be running round doing last minute things, but im not.
I finally finish work on Friday evening after 17 years of working as a confectioner for sainsburys and i can't wait.
I know i need to pack my bags, work out what paper work i need, book flights but theres so much to do and so little time.
Has anyone got any ideas of what we could stay in resonably priced when we get to Auckland. We have 3 children and no job so will need to travel from Auckland to Wellington looking for IT work on the way, Aaaaggghhh :scared:
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stressed

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
I've just decided to ged rid of the shipping company i was using and to change to another more competant one. No problem there except we move out next week! Obviously i should be running round doing last minute things, but im not.
I finally finish work on Friday evening after 17 years of working as a confectioner for sainsburys and i can't wait.
I know i need to pack my bags, work out what paper work i need, book flights but theres so much to do and so little time.
Has anyone got any ideas of what we could stay in resonably priced when we get to Auckland. We have 3 children and no job so will need to travel from Auckland to Wellington looking for IT work on the way, Aaaaggghhh :scared:
Hi Spacecake,
jez no wonder you're stressed, i don;t know where to start , which co did you give the flick to & have you got a no.2 lined up?
17yrs at sainsburys thats a long time, my dad used to work for them at Rye park , he was there for about 20 yrs, til he retired a couple of yrs ago.
auckland accom try this http://www.needitnow.com/needitnow/n...SearchBox=R503
http://www.innz.co.nz/accommodation/auckland/
http://www.holidayguide.co.nz/Auckla...mmodation.aspx
http://www.aucklandnz.com/VisitorInf...o_Stay/Search/

good luck
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:53 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppets
Hi Spacecake,
jez no wonder you're stressed, i don;t know where to start , which co did you give the flick to & have you got a no.2 lined up?
17yrs at sainsburys thats a long time, my dad used to work for them at Rye park , he was there for about 20 yrs, til he retired a couple of yrs ago.
auckland accom try this http://www.needitnow.com/needitnow/n...SearchBox=R503
http://www.innz.co.nz/accommodation/auckland/
http://www.holidayguide.co.nz/Auckla...mmodation.aspx
http://www.aucklandnz.com/VisitorInf...o_Stay/Search/

good luck
Have a large glass of wine - it always helps!!

We stayed at a reasonable hotel in Auckland CBD when we visited this year, view of the Sky Tower very cool. They had a great family suite with it's own washing machine - a huge bonus!!!

The hotel is called the New President. It's clean and basic - NOT luxurious! But absolutely central. Walking distance to all of central Auckland. We booked it with our flights through the travel side of last minute.com Not sure if it's a hotel you were after?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

I think everybody would be stressed out given your timescales!!!!

Why bother stopping in Auckland? You could just get a conecting internal flight to Wellington, get started on the whole process a little bit quicker.
Don't know about Wellington, but in Auckland there are very few funished rental properties, where are you planning on living till your funiture arrives?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:
Originally Posted by jueinnz
I think everybody would be stressed out given your timescales!!!!

Why bother stopping in Auckland? You could just get a conecting internal flight to Wellington, get started on the whole process a little bit quicker.
Don't know about Wellington, but in Auckland there are very few funished rental properties, where are you planning on living till your funiture arrives?
Need to stop in Auckland as there might be work there, then travelling to Bay of Plenty to see if there are any jobs there and so on until we get to Wellington. Do we try Christchurch also? Who knows! If my OH then has some positive feed back on jobs we'll choose the place we liked best and go from there. Where are we planning to live? In a rental somewhere, before that whilst looking dunno any ideas on places to stay for a couple of nights for 5?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

maybe you need to hire a camper van?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Need to stop in Auckland as there might be work there, then travelling to Bay of Plenty to see if there are any jobs there and so on until we get to Wellington. Do we try Christchurch also? Who knows! If my OH then has some positive feed back on jobs we'll choose the place we liked best and go from there. Where are we planning to live? In a rental somewhere, before that whilst looking dunno any ideas on places to stay for a couple of nights for 5?
Sounds as though you need to join the Wellies (Wellington IT Expats)!

I was talking to one of the directors of www.absoluteit.co.nz the other day - on behalf of another expat - he said that Wellington is where most of the big government agencies are, so the quality of the Wellington IT market is better than Auckland.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

westies is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the rough

oh my goodness, you've got it cut out haven't you???
My hubby has just got a job in IT in Auckland, we were not desperate for him to work which was a bonus as not that much about, particularly if you haven't worked here before!! Lots of agencies though, so if you get to it, hopefully won't take too long!!

Good luck to you all!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by westies
oh my goodness, you've got it cut out haven't you???
My hubby has just got a job in IT in Auckland, we were not desperate for him to work which was a bonus as not that much about, particularly if you haven't worked here before!! Lots of agencies though, so if you get to it, hopefully won't take too long!!

Good luck to you all!
Thanks for everyones advice. My husband has spoken to a few agencies so hopefully it won't take to long for him to find a job.
This is our last weekend in our house so lots of clearing to be done, but on the plus side i won't have to get up for work at 5 oclock on Sunday morning as its my last shift tonight.
So much to do and so little time.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

westies is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for everyones advice. My husband has spoken to a few agencies so hopefully it won't take to long for him to find a job.
This is our last weekend in our house so lots of clearing to be done, but on the plus side i won't have to get up for work at 5 oclock on Sunday morning as its my last shift tonight.
So much to do and so little time.
And what do you do, working shifts, are you a nurse?
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

hi, we used pss and they came last wednesday and did a good job, all finished in 3 1/2 hours. good luck with the move, we are leaving on wed.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

I live in the BOP, and I think its beautiful. Way nicer than Auckland IMHO, much less stressful and more friendly.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
I live in the BOP, and I think its beautiful. Way nicer than Auckland IMHO, much less stressful and more friendly.
Have given BOP alot of thought, unfortunately my husband will be the only one working and we don't think there will be any IT work there. He works in IT support for major law firms. However if you think otherwise we'd love to know where to contact for a job.