Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Straw/break/camel.......

Straw/break/camel.......

Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:24 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Straw/break/camel.......

Dom. Good luck. I can't be the only reader of your posts that is not suprised one jot how you feel and what you are proposing.

BTW, did you see the entire thread devoted to your whereabouts as your absence was noticed ? Love30stm wondered where you were and started a 'Where's Genesis' thread. She's in Britain presently as he mum has cancer.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
Dom. Good luck. I can't be the only reader of your posts that is not suprised one jot how you feel and what you are proposing.

BTW, did you see the entire thread devoted to your whereabouts as your absence was noticed ? Love30stm wondered where you were and started a 'Where's Genesis' thread. She's in Britain presently as he mum has cancer.
Thanks guys. I did hear thru' the grape vine while I was off the air, very kind of Bev (Wanganui Branch..aka Love stm) to do that. I have PM'd her about her mum and I am sure all of us are thinking of her. My oldest chum's sister in law has a very aggressive brain tumor at around 45..and I whinge about a bit of tax? Makes me feel a bit ashamed of myself sometimes.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the money you save can buy you the happiness your after.

Last edited by Justcol; Aug 4th 2012 at 4:16 am.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It isn't about saving money Col. It's more about feeling right about where you are at a certain time of your life.I'm sure you can understand that my lovely.

It's not ever a them and us at the end of the day. If it is that for a person, then they need to look at them ,not the place. For it is them that will make the change. Not the country.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Gen
all I can say is all the best in making the right decision for all the Genesis-ites and best wishes for what you decide to do as a result.
I can sympathise a little with you having had a few issues arise in NZ that would (almost certainly) never have come to light if we had stayed in the UK. And having been shafted as a result, come out the other end and on the road back to a good place, I'd say there is hope even when you think you can't go any lower and there is an alternative that can work, be it what you think you want or what you really need.
Keep us updated on what you decide to do and where you end up.
Chin up mate,
LL
Old Aug 4th 2012, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Hey Gen
all I can say is all the best in making the right decision for all the Genesis-ites and best wishes for what you decide to do as a result.
I can sympathise a little with you having had a few issues arise in NZ that would (almost certainly) never have come to light if we had stayed in the UK. And having been shafted as a result, come out the other end and on the road back to a good place, I'd say there is hope even when you think you can't go any lower and there is an alternative that can work, be it what you think you want or what you really need.
Keep us updated on what you decide to do and where you end up.
Chin up mate,
LL
Cheers LL, thank you for your kind words, good to hear you came out the end of your kiwi mincer in one bit!!!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
It isn't about saving money Col. It's more about feeling right about where you are at a certain time of your life.I'm sure you can understand that my lovely.
Of course its about money and resentment, can you find a thread by Genesis that isn't.
All he ever does is complain about money and his lack of it, its boring and tiresome.
but what do I know I just work with tiles, Ill leave tax laws and forex to the big clever boys
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelG12
It's awful when somewone complains about you purely for trying to help and do your job.

This is a weekly occurance in the UK (especially in heatlhcare). People think that in the UK, that if you complain, that you will get compensated. You have to document EVERYTHING, even so much as giving someone a cup of tea (I had a complaint for not giving a hyperemesis anythink to eat and drink (I admitted her, she was with me for half an hour and vomitting!!!)

Sad but true
I have worked in both systems & give me the NHS any day. I never once had a complaint for saving someone's life in the UK. Record keeping in the UK is far superior to here ( I was often complimented on the standard of my record keeping when I worked here) and I'm very aware that one should document everything, as I still joke about having to document if a woman passed wind .

When I worked in the UK I believed myself to be a very average midwife, then I came to NZ & realised how good I actually was. I am still in touch with many of my former colleagues, so I'm fully aware about how tight things are in the NHS & the pressure staff are under. I'm under no illusions about it. I also have friends who work in the system here & have done for a good number of years. They are also frustrated with how midwifery has gone here since the midwifery council split from the nursing council.

I think the smaller units like the one at Gissy are the best bet especially if they have had a British-trained midwife in charge (as I know that one did) presently or in the not too distant past.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 11:43 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Of course its about money and resentment, can you find a thread by Genesis that isn't.
All he ever does is complain about money and his lack of it, its boring and tiresome.
but what do I know I just work with tiles, Ill leave tax laws and forex to the big clever boys
Bit harsh on Genesis, especially as he's about to have a massive tax bill
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

we all stand to face massive tax bills its just that he chooses to moan about it.
He's in no different a position than any of us who chose to make NZ home,
The tax rules don't only exist solely to piss him off they effect us all. We all have two options
1) Accept them, get on with living a happy life surrounded by all that NZ has to offer or
2) Complain endlessly, try to be clever and mess around with financial matters that we pretend to understand
and then complain some more when we screw it all up and our ineptitude costs us dearly. (the Genesis option).

Sorry if that's a bit harsh, but I get tired of his moaning and groaning about finances. Money isn't everything
in life and I feel pity for those who seem to think it is.

Last edited by Justcol; Aug 5th 2012 at 1:21 am.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Bit harsh on Genesis, especially as he's about to have a massive tax bill
To be hit with a "massive" tax bill don't you have to have a massive amount of money?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
To be hit with a "massive" tax bill don't you have to have a massive amount of money?
That I saved for during 11 years as a public servant. It is 'massive' because the money was transferred on the basis of being tax free. The IRD want to now change the law...backwards so they can tax me my wife and 1000s of us who responsibly saved for our aged years. I am more than happy to pay all my taxes and I do, but when the IRD do something crap like this winding the clock back and trying to tax something that was previously UNTAXED is grossly unfair. One wonders how anyone else would feel about something that was previously free of tax is now taxable RETROSPECTIVELY.

Last edited by Genesis; Aug 5th 2012 at 2:34 am.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:51 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Straw/break/camel.......

It’s only a paper at the moment though isn’t it? Don’t blame you though given the back-date-bum-rape tax proposal (after the first 4 years), it’s grossly unfair and avoiding it would seem a very reasonable response to me.

Of course I for one welcome our leaders attempts to stop people moving here or kiwis from returning. Especially at a time when they have already managed to push emmigration to record levels for over 9 months! There are just too many people here, especially professional and young people.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:01 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
we all stand to face massive tax bills its just that he chooses to moan about it.
He's in no different a position than any of us who chose to make NZ home,
The tax rules don't only exist solely to piss him off they effect us all. We all have two options
1) Accept them, get on with living a happy life surrounded by all that NZ has to offer or
2) Complain endlessly, try to be clever and mess around with financial matters that we pretend to understand
and then complain some more when we screw it all up and our ineptitude costs us dearly. (the Genesis option).

Sorry if that's a bit harsh, but I get tired of his moaning and groaning about finances. Money isn't everything
in life and I feel pity for those who seem to think it is.
You're probably right but don't twist the knife, eh ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.