Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The strangest things in Kiwi World

The strangest things in Kiwi World

Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:46 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The strangest things in Kiwi World

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Here's a brilliant one, when some Kiwis move house, they really move house:

http://laing.co.nz/site/frame_relocators/page_galleryr/
The Yanks do that too... bloomin' weirdos.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:33 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
The Yanks do that too... bloomin' weirdos.
We had some old family videos of our family business shifting homes from the Waikato to the Bay of Plenty in the 1960's.

Next time you drive over the Kaimai
's think about what it was like with a narrower road, unsealed (metal), with big old ford trucks.

The homes were all jacked up by hand with huge jacks.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:29 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a strange one- single lane combined road and rail bridges on the South Island.

With no warning lights or anything!

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know if anyone has already mentioned the dogs that travel with the cattle trucks.
the dogs travel in a box under the truck , with a hole cut in the side for the dog to hang his head out of. the dogs seems to quite enjoy whizzing along watching the traffic go past them. i always think i'm gonna decapiate a dog though
soem dogs also have these boxes on utes to , but they are in the ute bed so less likely to be decatitated
i would post a photo but never seem too have camera when i need it
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We saw a dog in the back of a flat bed truck today on a chain - I had horrible pictures of the dog making a jump for it or the driver having to slam on
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
We saw a dog in the back of a flat bed truck today on a chain - I had horrible pictures of the dog making a jump for it or the driver having to slam on
yes seen them too , poor little things
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:27 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Here's a strange one- single lane combined road and rail bridges on the South Island.

With no warning lights or anything!

OMG I remember that bridge and it is such a shocker isn't it, I was half way across it and I thought 'hang on ... what the hell!'
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one scary looking road/bridge/traintrack... whatever it is!!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:30 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
OMG I remember that bridge and it is such a shocker isn't it, I was half way across it and I thought 'hang on ... what the hell!'
Chicken
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:06 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

We were at the Polynesian Spa in Rotorua today (and very nice it was too ). I saw a lady having a shower wearing her flip-flops and nothing else and she was shaving her legs. I found that bizarre
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karonious
We were at the Polynesian Spa in Rotorua today (and very nice it was too ). I saw a lady having a shower wearing her flip-flops and nothing else and she was shaving her legs. I found that bizarre
I hope you weren't standing behind her while she did her ankles
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:11 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

They threw me a lifesaving ring and dragged me out!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karonious
They threw me a lifesaving ring and dragged me out!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict