Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Straight from the horses mouth ...

Straight from the horses mouth ...

Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:50 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Straight from the horses mouth ...

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Mandie

What you doing up too???

You suffering from insomnia
Yep, don't have to get up for work at 5 so surfin the net and dreamin of NZ
off to land of soon
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:00 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Oh, please, go away ...?

Was trying to be helpful - go forage some acorns ...?
and shove them where squirrels shove theirs
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:16 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I shall keep you updated coz one's friends will tell it like it is and I just wanted to pass on their experiences as very recent!!

I thought it might be helpful!!!
Keep sharing Mandie. I don't know if it's the way you wrote or what but I'm feeling partial towards them and would like to know how they're getting on
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:44 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I think it's helpful. You've given what seems to me to be a warts and all account from people who are making a real go of things here.

I think it helps for people to see the pitfalls that your friend is overcoming and that these problems are not unusual. They could quite easily face them themselves and still feel that the move here has been a success, that other people have had them too and overcome them.

Sorry if I missed it but how long have they been here now?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:05 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, it was really helpful. I could have laid money on 'some' of the comments you received, but I'm with Mandie H, it was useful and much appreciated

x
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
wow right... so you reporting this 2nd hand and labelling it at straight from the horses proverbial makes it distinct in what way apart from hearsay?
Any need? I for one am very interested in what Am Loolah has to say about her friends experience as we will be making the journey next week, it's good to know who has been helpful ie the bank and that their expectations were not met by their rental etc. We will read with interest.

Last edited by donnaf; Jan 15th 2007 at 10:29 am.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:36 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Mandie

What you doing up too???

You suffering from insomnia
Hi there,
just wanted to say ,I've really enjoyed reading all about your friends experiences, it's great to hear proper stories about real people, keep it coming. I too am in Cornwall, seems alot of us cornish are making the move. We are trying to get job offer to apply for work to residence visa, is that what your friends did Am loolah?? Hope to hear from you soon. Marika
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:13 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Straight from the horses mouth ...

Great to hear that they are happy and positive about the move.

I think everyone who has made the move over here can identify with their story. Wish them all the best!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

We did the direct flight with fuel stop at singapore too - with an 18month old and a 4 year old!!!

*collects prize*