Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The story so far....

The story so far....

Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of
Default The story so far....

Firstly you are all a great bunch on here and to all thank you so far

A few years back when it was just my hubby and I, we looked at emigrating to NZ. Things were really against us with no qualifications of any sort and although my hubby was in management it was through gritty hard word and determination over the years that he got where he did. He did all the applying for jobs etc but as most will know when you are around the other side of the world, you dont get much response if any.
Anyway circumstances change and we had our 1st daughter so it kind of fizzled out and we stayed put. I feel very lucky to have met the man whom I know I will spend the rest of my days with and now have 2 healthy children so anything else didnt matter anymore so the emigrating thing never happened. Although we were happy with family life we have never been happy here in the UK.
Anyway, 4 years on and considering we have also moved house since then, my hubby gets an email out of the blue from a company in NZ trying to get in touch with him, on the off chance we were still using the same email. As you can imagine I was gob smacked.
They had emailed to say that they had kept Eric's CV on file (for 4 yrs) and may have a job vacancy for him and if he was interested to contact them.
Eric had the interview through Skype and then had to go for some personality test thing.
I am very pleased to say up until this point it has probably been 3 months from when they first contacted Eric and we recieved the news this morning that they are willing to pay for myself and Eric to visit NZ and the company with the view of us moving there.
Eric and I are still in shock and very excited and you would not believe how fortunate we both feel that the way it has happened when I hear about everyones struggles to get to NZ and they run into so may problems.

My reason for posting is to say never give up. For those who feel there will never be a way....you never know whats round the corner.

I am a firm believer in fate....what will be will be....looks like this is our time.
Thankyou all for reading this and anyone reading who thinks there may never be a way, well sometimes there may well be.

Karen
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:21 pm
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of
Default Re: The story so far....

Marvellous news. Good luck with everything... good things come to those that wait...
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:49 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ezzkazz;4649973]Firstly you are all a great bunch on here and to all thank you so far

great post
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

Thats Great News Karen...I also believe in Fate and whats meant to be and all that, it wasn't meant to be 4years ago but it is now Keep us all informed
shell x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

thank you for the comments.
I am in no trying to make everyone who is struggling to find a way feel bad when it is me at this point who feels bad by not doing anything much to have this opportunity land on our laps.
Its just I sit here thinking 'how can this be' when many are trying so hard to find employment as its their only way to get to NZ and here we are, an employer seeking my husband. Helping to pay for a visit. To say we feel very fortunate is an understatement.
Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

That's great.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
thank you for the comments.
I am in no trying to make everyone who is struggling to find a way feel bad when it is me at this point who feels bad by not doing anything much to have this opportunity land on our laps.
Its just I sit here thinking 'how can this be' when many are trying so hard to find employment as its their only way to get to NZ and here we are, an employer seeking my husband. Helping to pay for a visit. To say we feel very fortunate is an understatement.
Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming
You make your own luck in life, and from what you said at the beginning of this post, your OH has worked bloody hard to get where he is. For God's sake, don't now feel guilty, and don't worry about the rest of us. We'll get there!
Sincere congratulations to you all and enjoy it! Hopefully, the rest of us in the UK won't be far behind you!
Best of luck - Leighlou. x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:48 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Firstly you are all a great bunch on here and to all thank you so far

Hi Karen

Loved reading your message as it felt like a fairy tale. What are/were the chances of this happening?

Good luck and best wishes xx
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:54 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Karen,
loved your post, very inspiring. We are going through doubtful patch at the moment, waiting daily for some good news from the recruitment company we are with. We are beginning to think it will never come, so well done to you, go for it, and enjoy it all.
Best Wishes Marika
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:53 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

What a brilliant message of hope!
All the best
Karen B
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all your comments it makes me feel all warm and snuggly

bit of an update, it looks like we may be visiting NZ at the end of May, so things are moving along nicely.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all

Wonderful post

Hope things work out well for you all