Storm

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:42 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Storm

Originally Posted by tiri
But that isn't much good if you can't use your toilet or your pillings have moved.

Problem with NZ is that it's full of Kiwis (Australia is too! ) it has electricity, which is great if you don't want to use more than one appliance at a time in the same room.

whatever

Oh you should go, you might like some of the other bands, go just for the atmosphere if nothing else as it's such good value for money. It knocks The Big Day Out into a cocked hat. You could fit in a shopping trip whilst you're over and get some nice clothes. There's only so much a girl can get from Farmers.
I dont buy clothes from Farmers btw
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

We already have one NZ vs Oz thread ... let's keep this one on topic please.

STORM .....

I am completely over it now. Sitting here listening to more rain and more wind, yuk. When's it going to stop?!
More of the same for tomorrow & the weekend, the forecast looked OK earlier, but they've changed their mind now
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:20 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
More of the same for tomorrow & the weekend, the forecast looked OK earlier, but they've changed their mind now
I was confused as to what you were talking about until I realised it was on-topic
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
I was confused as to what you were talking about until I realised it was on-topic
Makes a change

Why do my chickens not lay when it's very windy?

Last edited by mickey_d; Sep 23rd 2010 at 2:38 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:29 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Storm

Hi love30stm,

I was thinking after the Christchurch earthquake about the electricity situation, it’s totally pivotal in our lives to do anything now (Basically anything that heats, cools, glow or rotates...which is almost every appliance with a plug TBH). Why have we never told people they need backup power generation? You can buy an electrical power generator for about $300 that would power your fridge, TV and laptop. For about $2k you could power your whole house as per normal.

I’ve got the wrong stuff ready for an earthquake , I was thinking baked beans and clean water when I should have been thinking about how I was going to fill an emergency swimming pool. You’ll be happy to hear I have prepared all the ingredients needed for a Tom Collins, Gin slinger, G&T and I could probably improvise a few other drinks as well (Assuming my lemon tree makes it through the earthquake of course ). Priorities people, we need to prioritise for the post apocalypse world.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Hi love30stm,

I was thinking after the Christchurch earthquake about the electricity situation, it’s totally pivotal in our lives to do anything now (Basically anything that heats, cools, glow or rotates...which is almost every appliance with a plug TBH). Why have we never told people they need backup power generation? You can buy an electrical power generator for about $300 that would power your fridge, TV and laptop. For about $2k you could power your whole house as per normal.

I’ve got the wrong stuff ready for an earthquake , I was thinking baked beans and clean water when I should have been thinking about how I was going to fill an emergency swimming pool. You’ll be happy to hear I have prepared all the ingredients needed for a Tom Collins, Gin slinger, G&T and I could probably improvise a few other drinks as well (Assuming my lemon tree makes it through the earthquake of course ). Priorities people, we need to prioritise for the post apocalypse world.
Don't forget my ciggies and waterproof matches ...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Hi love30stm,

What you really need for an earthquake is a caravan or mobile home, with a gas cooker, well stocked larder and a few large drums of water in it.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mickey_d
If it helps no better in the UK right now, at least you are heading to the sunshine season think we got bypassed again
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

I am sure the folks in Pakistan who are trying to get over their wee spot of rain that has left them without homes, families and never mind electricity would gladly take a wee bit of wind and rain else where in the world.

if Oz is so great why are there so many Aussies in the UK cant be for the weather as its cr@p here?? Is there not enough bar work in Oz for them? no need to answer and I know wrong forum.

Taxi!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:44 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

That's a normal day in Wellington!

Just kidding it's hardly ever like that

Honest.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Si19761
If it helps no better in the UK right now, at least you are heading to the sunshine season think we got bypassed again
Hope so, never really happened last year, not in Hawkes Bay anyway
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

squarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to allsquarepants is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pointer
we do but we dont sit outside and eat it. one person holds the umbrella while the other turns the meat over assuming that is that you can get the coals lit.

otherwise we just use a frying pan and call it a BBQ

So looking forward to a BBQ down under with the sun shining
You've just taken me back to my childhood, my dad was from Glasgow and he used to make us beef burger sandwiches for breakfast, he'd fry them and call them BBQ.

It's still my comfort food of choice - I just haven't heard it called that for ages.