Storm

Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:58 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Storm

Thought i might share the video I took on Saturday from inside my house at the storm outside thst left us with no power over the weekend

Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Storm

Looks pretty bad - glad you got your power on eventually so you can log your experience on here!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:49 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive storm, when it blows here in NZ it really seems to blow !!!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

BBQ weather in Scotland
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:55 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pointer
BBQ weather in Scotland
Can you have a BBQ in Scotland ? Kinda sounds like a complete contradiction
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

Can you have a BBQ in Scotland
we do but we dont sit outside and eat it. one person holds the umbrella while the other turns the meat over assuming that is that you can get the coals lit.

otherwise we just use a frying pan and call it a BBQ

So looking forward to a BBQ down under with the sun shining
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by love30stm
Thought i might share the video I took on Saturday from inside my house at the storm outside thst left us with no power over the weekend

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WVdGnmXXKlM
there's two things I don't miss about NZ: the awful weather and powerlines. Not a great combination at the best of times!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiri
there's two things I don't miss about NZ: the awful weather and powerlines. Not a great combination at the best of times!
You're obviously not in Australia if you think it is going to be a 'stormless' or 'storm free country'. There's no shortage of bad weather all over Australia at certain time of the year, some of the wind storms come with fire attached!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janek
You're obviously not in Australia if you think it is going to be a 'stormless' or 'storm free country'. There's no shortage of bad weather all over Australia at certain time of the year, some of the wind storms come with fire attached!
And most of the storms here bring down powerlines, some cyclones can cause blackouts lasting days.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by janek
Not yet I'm not but I soon will be. At least the houses are built better to withstand storms there, but rest assured I shall try to live somewhere that doesn't have too much of a problem with either fire or storms. It's a big enough continent so I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere

I was just looking at a news report that said that upteen thousands of homes in northland were still without power after the storm, which century are we supposed to be living in ? ? ?

Last edited by tiri; Sep 21st 2010 at 4:10 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

I was just looking at a news report that said that upteen thousands of homes in northland were still without power after the storm, which century are we supposed to be living in ? ? ?
If you could see the amount of damage to the electricity network you may have a different opinon, the storm didn't really stop on a particular area but affected the whole of the North Island.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Not yet I'm not but I soon will be. At least the houses are built better to withstand storms there, but rest assured I shall try to live somewhere that doesn't have too much of a problem with either fire or storms. It's a big enough continent so I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere

Indeed a very big country but not a lot of it is inhabitable. I am sure they will find room for you though....

You read news reports about a country you have a very obvious dislike for???

You might find the Australian newspapers more to your liking, and they would certainly be more relevant to you.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:03 pm

omg Houses are built to withstand Earthquakes duh!!! and in our Road 3 power poles came down into the road, I dont think you appreciate what damage was caused!! crikey oh riley
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:05 pm

Ive been here 3 years and this is the first time we have had power outage and this bad a storm, as for the weather? well its much better than the UK and we at least have a summer, you obviously just want to find negatives in New Zealand! enjoy Australia I'm sure it sounds like it will suit you
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Looks pretty bad - glad you got your power on eventually so you can log your experience on here!
Your welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.