Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

stopover singapore - malaysia

stopover singapore - malaysia

Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:02 am
Just Joined

giraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the rough
Default stopover singapore - malaysia

Hi
we're flying out at the end of November and have a stopover in Singapore for a few days to visit friends. We're then thinking of heading down to malaysia for a weeks relaxation before heading on to NZ.

Can anybody recommend a hotel in malaysia that would be a good side-trip for us with 2 young children. Kids entertainment would be good. I've looked at a few and they all seem really pricey.

also on another tac, are we mad to be arriving in auckland at the beginning of december? we can sort short-term accommodation for a few weeks but is it going to be impossible to find a long-term rental at that time of year?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:10 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stopover singapore - malaysia

Originally Posted by giraffe
also on another tac, are we mad to be arriving in auckland at the beginning of december? we can sort short-term accommodation for a few weeks but is it going to be impossible to find a long-term rental at that time of year?
I seem to remember people telling me that I should not look for anything from 15th December until well into the next year (2nd week or so...)

Hope this helps
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
we're flying out at the end of November and have a stopover in Singapore for a few days to visit friends. We're then thinking of heading down to malaysia for a weeks relaxation before heading on to NZ.

Can anybody recommend a hotel in malaysia that would be a good side-trip for us with 2 young children. Kids entertainment would be good. I've looked at a few and they all seem really pricey.

We haven't stayed at this particular one but they are really good resorts and kids are extremely well catered for with clubs, meals, babysitters etc. I know that they used to have a deal going with Malaysian Airlines which might be worth looking at. We booked ours through eBookers; just phone them and tell them what flights and airlines you would like, dates for going and stopover and see what they come up with

HTH
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:58 am
Just Joined

giraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the rough

We haven't stayed at this particular one but they are really good resorts and kids are extremely well catered for with clubs, meals, babysitters etc. I know that they used to have a deal going with Malaysian Airlines which might be worth looking at. We booked ours through eBookers; just phone them and tell them what flights and airlines you would like, dates for going and stopover and see what they come up with
Hi - thanks for replying. what was the name of the hotel?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

ppmchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Giraffe

are you specifically looking for a hotel to stay in malaysia .. you did not mention which part of malaysia . if not i have a sort of homestay if you are interested.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:40 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - thanks for replying. what was the name of the hotel?

OOPS!!!!

That's what happens when you answer a post in an Ad break

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/propert...asentosaresort

That should work
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The Shangri-la resorts are great all over Asia, been in a few and I have been to Sentosa Island however we didn't stay there. It's great place to do Singapore with kids, as they soon get bored with shops and city stuff.

Malaysia, is a big place, most resort type places would be at the Islands: Penang or Langkawi. Depending on how long you have, Penang is driveable if you fancy a road trip through the highlands.