Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

To stop over, or not to stop over???

To stop over, or not to stop over???

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To stop over, or not to stop over???

Originally Posted by SarahB
Put them clothes back on!!! :scared: Might bring me labour on a bit too soon!!! You really are going mad arnt you!?
Jesus-where've you been? No wonder I'm going mad,talking to an empty room,very daunting that was. Yet I found out so much about meself,theraputic. I really do sound drunk don't I?
Still bloody quiet here,all sleeping,even circumscision man.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

we stopped over in lankawi last year and will do the same next month, it was a great 3 day break just to chill on the beach,lovely hotels and very cheap. its 3.30 a.m , i'm on night duty thinking not many shifts left, the beach pool and bar seem very appealing right now.

wendy
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jesus-where've you been? No wonder I'm going mad,talking to an empty room,very daunting that was. Yet I found out so much about meself,theraputic. I really do sound drunk don't I?
Still bloody quiet here,all sleeping,even circumscision man.
Been sorting out my little man.... hes got a stinking cold bless him. You know how unhappy kids are when theyre poorly. Hopefully he'll have a nap now.

Having a boring day.... OH is on call so we cant really go far.... only popped out this morning to pick up some firewood for the log burner or we're gonna be cold this evening!

I should think about packing soon but we all got colds so not much work being done Im afraid. Getting really fed up now in this rental.... landlord keeps popping round to do stuff that Im sure they could do AFTER we have moved out. Ive been a landlord now for a few years and I wouldnt dream of going round to the house until the tenant had moved out and before the next one had moved in.... its been happening all week.... first him sending the gardeners round to do stuff and now them popping around too.. roll on 2 weeks time and we'll be out!!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brackley
we stopped over in lankawi last year and will do the same next month, it was a great 3 day break just to chill on the beach,lovely hotels and very cheap. its 3.30 a.m , i'm on night duty thinking not many shifts left, the beach pool and bar seem very appealing right now.

wendy
Hi Wendy-sorry for my ignorance,but where the b'Jesus is lankawi? And where you working? And where you going?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

it's an island off the west coast of malasia. i work at the small local communtiy hospital here in brackley. been here 8 years now and cant wait to get to welly
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

it's an island off the west coast of malasia. i work at the small local communtiy hospital here in brackley. been here 8 years now and cant wait to get to welly
You going to Welly too? Excellent. My missus and I going to work on wards 18 and 19,but I can't remember who's on which. When are you going?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Been sorting out my little man.... hes got a stinking cold bless him. You know how unhappy kids are when theyre poorly. Hopefully he'll have a nap now.

Having a boring day.... OH is on call so we cant really go far.... only popped out this morning to pick up some firewood for the log burner or we're gonna be cold this evening!

I should think about packing soon but we all got colds so not much work being done Im afraid. Getting really fed up now in this rental.... landlord keeps popping round to do stuff that Im sure they could do AFTER we have moved out. Ive been a landlord now for a few years and I wouldnt dream of going round to the house until the tenant had moved out and before the next one had moved in.... its been happening all week.... first him sending the gardeners round to do stuff and now them popping around too.. roll on 2 weeks time and we'll be out!!
The cheeky bleeder,that is rude,nosey and intrusive. What you need to do is smack him hard on both cheeks,tango style if possible,and tell him if he does it one more time in the next fortnight you'll torch all his properties. A little excessive,I know,but it's all they listen to.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

going to live in karori, have sent off application form to welly hospital for casual work want to do 2 nights per week only and then start up my beauty therapy business from home again. house has just fallen through for the 4th time, its a break down in the chain yet again but we have to be out there by 5th oct, still planning on 20th sept and my sister will stay and look after the house until its sold or rented as she has no time constraints on getting out - she has nz citizenship. been looking on the websites re rentals most of them say no pets, we have a black lab which we have to bring with us.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

going to live in karori, have sent off application form to welly hospital for casual work want to do 2 nights per week only and then start up my beauty therapy business from home again. house has just fallen through for the 4th time, its a break down in the chain yet again but we have to be out there by 5th oct, still planning on 20th sept and my sister will stay and look after the house until its sold or rented as she has no time constraints on getting out - she has nz citizenship. been looking on the websites re rentals most of them say no pets, we have a black lab which we have to bring with us.
Really sorry bout the house-it really is a git. Can't believe how common a problem it is talking to people on here.We might have the same problem reets,but we have a cat,bit more independent,will settle anywhere as long as there's food.Living in rented accom now,so we just waiting for the nod.
Believe we have a rented property waiting in Well,Kelburn I think.Just want to get it on now.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

kelburn is just up the road from karori. i'll pm you my travel agents number next time i'm on the site, he has done some good deals for people who have moved to nz. will have to get on with some work now.
wendy
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kelburn is just up the road from karori. i'll pm you my travel agents number next time i'm on the site, he has done some good deals for people who have moved to nz. will have to get on with some work now.
wendy
That would be great-thank you. Speak soon.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Has anyone got any words of wisdom regarding whether or not it is worth considering a stop over when flying to NZ. I am quite happy flying but have never gone quite so far. Does it help to have a break in the flight when you have so much to face at the other end, i.e. starting a new life!!

We stopped over in KL. We stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel which is connected to the airport. The hotel was possibly one of the best that we have stayed in. We went into KL itself which is a bustling city. We saw the Petronas Towers which I believe are the tallest in the world.All in all our experience was a good one and would do it again. We only stayed for 2 days and 1 night and could have probably done with 1 more but was too excited to get to NZ. Good luck

Ash
Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

back on here 3a.m. monday morning when i'll be at work once again, at least its another shift crossed off the list. wendy
Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

danny fearon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash1
We stopped over in KL. We stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel which is connected to the airport. The hotel was possibly one of the best that we have stayed in. We went into KL itself which is a bustling city. We saw the Petronas Towers which I believe are the tallest in the world.All in all our experience was a good one and would do it again. We only stayed for 2 days and 1 night and could have probably done with 1 more but was too excited to get to NZ. Good luck

Ash
Bizarre,we were talking about the very place last night.One of the girls had stayed there and had similar experience. Gotta be a possibility.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: To stop over, or not to stop over???

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Has anyone got any words of wisdom regarding whether or not it is worth considering a stop over when flying to NZ. I am quite happy flying but have never gone quite so far. Does it help to have a break in the flight when you have so much to face at the other end, i.e. starting a new life!!
Hi stop over we went out in Dec last year with 11yr old and 7 yr old and stopped over in Malaysia at Pan pacific hotel at the airport beautiful hotel glad we didn't stay in K L itself we stopped over for 1 night and 2 days glad we did it was great to stop sleep in a bed and sit by the pool and re charge. We arrived in N Z refreshed and didn't suffer from jet lag. Will do the same when we emmigrate in a few months time.
Take care Paula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.