British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Stone roses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/stone-roses-779111/)

Justcol Nov 29th 2012 1:55 am

Stone roses

Playing Vector arena 26th Feb 2013

I almost wet myself when I heard the news :eek::eek::eek:

barnsleymat Nov 29th 2012 2:36 am

Re: Stone roses

Same as, I got a text this morning simply saying 'the roses are coming ere'. I've not stopped grinning since. I was gutted when they reformed just after I'd moved to NZ, waited years for me to move to the other side of the world. It killed me seeing pictures of all my mates at the reunion gigs in Manchester plastered all over facebook.

It'll be great to see em live, I've seen Ian Brown live a fair few times and even ended up in his dressing room after a gig in Sheffield chatting to him and a few years ago I had the pleasure of booking Mani to DJ at the club night I used to run. Both top lads and it promises to be one hell of a mad night.

In my Pommy Paradise!

Catchafire Nov 29th 2012 2:55 am

Praying for

Tickets (any info on how much?)
Babysitter
Flights
Accommodation

Please let the stars align for us!

Angeshirl Nov 29th 2012 3:21 am

I just bought my Garbage tix for their reunion and then saw this news. I swear I almost keeled over. I still have Goosebumps, I CANNOT believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnsleymat Nov 29th 2012 4:04 am

$100 to $125

I've just found out my mum, brother and nephew are landing in Auckland on the same day.

Justcol Nov 29th 2012 4:16 am

get them tickets as well.

First thing I did when I got the text from a mate was stick on "I am the resurrection" in the car
I got some funny looks at the lights singing along at the top of my voice.

barnsleymat Nov 29th 2012 4:29 am

I'm waiting on a call from my brother, they're booked to fly straight from Auckland down here to Dunedin but that's going to have to change. I reckon my brother will be getting off the plane, getting a taxi to Vulcan Lane and be joining us boozing before the gig. What a welcome.

In not sure my mum and young nephew will do, they may want to stay in Auckland with us and fly down altogether the next day.

janiejones Nov 29th 2012 6:47 am

OMG! Will see if I can get time off to go up there. I loved them, and never got to see them live first time around.

zaras dad Nov 29th 2012 8:20 am

Ever since I found out they were doing 5 gigs in Oz around that time I bombarded vector , the roses facebook face and various other agencies with emails requesting the present of the roses in Auckland.

schweeeet! Cant wait - the amount of times Ive sang I am the resurrection to some bemused looking kiwis - priceless. (esp the bit "I couldnt stand another second in your company" :p )

GoingIn2011 Nov 30th 2012 7:59 am

They are me of my fave ever bands... I am so frigging excited! I was quite young when they played Spike Island so this will be my first opportunity to see them.

Bring it on! Been listening to Elephant Stone, Waterfall and Made of Stone today. I can not wait!!!!!

Justcol Nov 30th 2012 8:36 am

One of the greatest lines ever written has to be

"Stone me, why can't you see You're a no-one nowhere washed up baby who'd look better dead"

Especially for those of us with ex wives. . . . . :rofl::rofl:

barnsleymat Dec 4th 2012 8:15 pm

Presale link:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/...ML_NTF235783_5[find_tix

mcgarnagle Dec 5th 2012 3:17 am

Tickets sorted :thumbup:

britchick1002 Dec 5th 2012 7:12 pm

Bought, time to get the flares and hoody out, put some Charlatans, Monday's, Roses on the stereo...

Guess we will be amongst the Brit crowd in our late 30's/early 40's there reminiscing..............

Justcol Dec 6th 2012 4:41 am

Originally Posted by britchick1002 (Post 10417829)
Guess we will be amongst the Brit crowd in our late 30's/early 40's there reminiscing..............

I'll be 50, does that mean i have to shuffle about on my zimmer at the back