Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Still waiting.... but now rethinking....

Still waiting.... but now rethinking....

Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:13 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still waiting.... but now rethinking....

Still waiting for our officer's colleague to counter-sign our application.

But now I am thinking.... do I still want to go? I wonder if this is just because I am dreading the upheavel and everything associated with the move.

Or is it because I want to stay?

Or is it something else?

Hmmm... I hate days like this were you question motives and almost talk yourself out of it!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:59 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Still waiting.... but now rethinking....

Originally Posted by dreamfish

But now I am thinking.... do I still want to go? I wonder if this is just because I am dreading the upheavel and everything associated with the move.

Or is it something else?

Hmmm... I hate days like this were you question motives and almost talk yourself out of it!!
you'll be fine,everyone goes through this i would imagine. just remember why your doing this & it'll be so worth it .Keep that chin up
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:59 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Or is it something else?

Yep...know how you feel, and although i'm not as near to my dream as you are i still wonder if i'm doing the right thing by wanting to go...BUT i think this is totally normal and realistic, so try not to worry, keep talking and i'm sure all will be fine.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont go you will always wonder 'what if'
Fate favours the brave. Take a leap of faith!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:56 pm
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Or is it something else?

Just do it.

I know we are still bathing in the just landed euphoria, but try and remember why you wanted to make the move.

It's not for money, it's not for wealth it's to have a great life and to give a great life to those around you.

We've taken our four children to the other side of the world, away from friends and family and firmly believe that the benefits of being here will outweigh the material and financial advantages we could have offered them of staying in the UK.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:06 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
if you dont go you will always wonder 'what if'
Fate favours the brave. Take a leap of faith!
Completely agree! My hubby moved to France with his band. He sold everything he owned before he left and never regretted it. He said he'd still be thinking "what if?..." if he hadn't done it.

Best of luck with your decision, Kate.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Kate we have days like this too. I can understand your questioning. You'll be fine once the visa arrives

NZIS wanted more info on why hubby had a cardiac catherterization 2 yrs ago (it was to reassure him he didn't have a heart problem) it meant asking consultant to write another letter confirming he's really really OK.
But I hated the tone of the NZIS letter ... "this does not meet the medical criteria?! We stated in meds he is well and Med Dr said he was well, but they need yet more evidence that he doesn't have a problem- he never had a problem!!!
I'm struggling with the stress and waiting and not as excited as I should be about the recce. I just want some nice person in NZIS to email us and say it's all ok! arghhh another 2 months of waiting for a visa is doing my head in.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kate,
we went through the same. It's natural to question whether you are doing the right thing but you know how much we love it and how much our kids are thriving here - just remember the world is getting smaller, it's easier to keep in touch with people at home and the one thing I kept sayin was "it's not a one way ticket"
See you soon - we hope
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:50 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny
Just do it.

I know we are still bathing in the just landed euphoria, but try and remember why you wanted to make the move.

It's not for money, it's not for wealth it's to have a great life and to give a great life to those around you.

We've taken our four children to the other side of the world, away from friends and family and firmly believe that the benefits of being here will outweigh the material and financial advantages we could have offered them of staying in the UK.
We still feel like that 16 months on

It's definitely worth all of the upheaval!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

If you go and dont like it - theres nothing stopping you moving back whenever you like.
If you dont go, you may not have the opportunity to emigrate to NZ ever again.

If you do emigrate, and it doesnt work out - you'll always have the adventure, and experience of living in another country - which will always enrich you!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:58 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Oi! You! Stop buggering around, just get the hell over here! If you don't like it, you can shout at all of us for ruining your life, but that won't happen! Get that bloody chewing lion out of my face and on a plane!!

consider yourself told!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:00 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Professional_Gypsy
If you go and dont like it - theres nothing stopping you moving back whenever you like.
If you dont go, you may not have the opportunity to emigrate to NZ ever again.

If you do emigrate, and it doesnt work out - you'll always have the adventure, and experience of living in another country - which will always enrich you!

Now thats a good post and very true,if you dont try you will never know what you could have had ,remember how welcome you were made when you came here last,well it just goes on and on and just get yer ass over here .You have the right to stay or leave if you dont like it give us a try as a resident not a casual visitor you will enjoy the good life we can have here .
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:18 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya. You've been planning this for a long time - it's entirely natural that you start to have second thoughts. If we all could have hopped on a plane as soon as we made up our minds to go, we'd never have had time to have second thoughts but it's such a long drawn out process that your survival instinct kicks in and you start to wonder ........ I never had a doubt until I handed in my notice at work and then went through a few weeks of torture - I'm so glad I got over it You can only give it a shot - there's a great network of people on the forums and I can't begin to tell you how invaluable that is when you first arrive - you've got ready made friends That's half the battle won already
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:26 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Pull-yer-finger-out-yer-arse!!!!!!!!!

thanks all for your replies.

i was sat in the garden yesterday - i love spring, after autumn, is my favourite time of year. Everything coming back to life, baby birds tweeting in my roof, i just love it - and i really figured i didnt want to leave this.

what if NZ springs arent the same as UK springs??!! I know that sounds daft, but i REALLY LOVE spring and autumn.

i know this reads like a really stupid and pathetic post. yes it is - just read it back.

but i am in such a quandry. cant rent my house out - wouldnt cover the mortgage. will use half my savings over 2 years in NZ - will i have enough to get back on the ladder in the UK? aghghghhhhhhhhhhh :curse:

and we still dont have a job offer - whats all that about??? we attended a dozen interviews - loadsa people interested in us, but nothing concrete. we made it clear - give us a job, DP will be over within the month.

what else can we do?????

and when will our officer's colleague pull their finger out their arse to counter-sign our application????????????

PLEASE JOIN ME IN SENDING SOME PULL-YER-FINGER-OUT-YER-ARSE dust to the lovely people in Haymarket.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pull-yer-finger-out-yer-arse!!!!!!!!!

thanks all for your replies.

i was sat in the garden yesterday - i love spring, after autumn, is my favourite time of year. Everything coming back to life, baby birds tweeting in my roof, i just love it - and i really figured i didnt want to leave this.

what if NZ springs arent the same as UK springs??!! I know that sounds daft, but i REALLY LOVE spring and autumn.

i know this reads like a really stupid and pathetic post. yes it is - just read it back.

but i am in such a quandry. cant rent my house out - wouldnt cover the mortgage. will use half my savings over 2 years in NZ - will i have enough to get back on the ladder in the UK? aghghghhhhhhhhhhh :curse:

and we still dont have a job offer - whats all that about??? we attended a dozen interviews - loadsa people interested in us, but nothing concrete. we made it clear - give us a job, DP will be over within the month.

what else can we do?????

and when will our officer's colleague pull their finger out their arse to counter-sign our application????????????

PLEASE JOIN ME IN SENDING SOME PULL-YER-FINGER-OUT-YER-ARSE dust to the lovely people in Haymarket.
Well, Spring is different because its at another time in the year. You really sound full of doubt, I just want to shake you!! What do you want? Listen, book a HOLIDAY, come out have a look around, meet some people, make enquries because it DOES make a difference in person. Then weigh it up when you get back. At the moment, correct me if I'm wrong, but its like you're trying to find problems/excuses. Its not easy to immigrate, unless you have the good sense to marry a Kiwi/Aussie Its got to be something you want. Are you trying to convince yourself your'll be happy to SETTLE in the UK or trying to suggest that NZ should be a zillion times better? WIll you be happy where you are 20 years down the line? Will you ever wonder if what NZ would have been like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.