still waiting

Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

wardiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face still waiting

Hi everybody

Well we are still waiting to move, I fell quite jealous that lots of people with the forum are on the move soon.

We are still trying to sell our bloody house. We have had 2 people around in 9 weeks. The estate agents phoned the other day to say that the market for our price range of house is not moving much at the minute. I felt like saying "no shit".

This forum keeps me entertained and we cannot wait to move. I must admit I am not looking forward to the flight. My husband was going to come out before me, but there is no way I am attempting the flight with my three children. I'd be tempted to throw myself out with or without a parachute.

Any general advice regarding essential to ship out would be greatly appreciated. Or any comments about Auckland would be great

Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:47 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: still waiting

Know how you feel. My OH over in Auckland since last October and me and the children in the UK waiting for the house to sell.

Agents say our end of the market is stagnent...you don't say......but it's no consolation.

I did the trip to NZ with two children over Christmas and the flight was OK with them both, we went through LA and they managed to sleep a geat deal.

Keep smiling - maybe Easter is the time for house buying....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lisa T
Know how you feel. My OH over in Auckland since last October and me and the children in the UK waiting for the house to sell.

Agents say our end of the market is stagnent...you don't say......but it's no consolation.

I did the trip to NZ with two children over Christmas and the flight was OK with them both, we went through LA and they managed to sleep a geat deal.

Keep smiling - maybe Easter is the time for house buying....

I hope easter is going to get things moving. Hopefully when the weather picks up people might want to venture out again. How old are your children. Mine are 11 (never sleeps its not cool), 9 (pretents to sleep but really playing with gameboy) and 7 (never bloody sleeps has ADHD).

Where abouts in Auckland is your OH. Mine has got a job in East Tamaki, luckily they are being really patient about him starting.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

You both have my sympathies, we sold our house last summer after nearly a year, but the people that brought it came for first viewing on 9th April 2005, house had been on market since june 2004. We've been in rented since June 2005 which is a bit of a mare but packers come next week.(sorry don't mean to annoy you) You'll get there eventually, good luck, hope you sell soon
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by poppets
You both have my sympathies, we sold our house last summer after nearly a year, but the people that brought it came for first viewing on 9th April 2005, house had been on market since june 2004. We've been in rented since June 2005 which is a bit of a mare but packers come next week.(sorry don't mean to annoy you) You'll get there eventually, good luck, hope you sell soon

I wish we had put our house on the market last year when we first thought about moving, now we have the job waiting for us in NZ, just a waiting game i suppose.

I hope your move goes well. Good luck and let us know what its like at the other side. By the way which movers are you using.

wardiz
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardiz
I wish we had put our house on the market last year when we first thought about moving, now we have the job waiting for us in NZ, just a waiting game i suppose.

I hope your move goes well. Good luck and let us know what its like at the other side. By the way which movers are you using.

wardiz
Crown Relocations, read lots of good remarks on the forum about them. I'll let you know how they are if you like. Been busy packing suitcases today, everytime i put something in the kids took it out when my back was turned, and they found the new toys i'd hidden to enterain them on the plane!!
At least you've got a job waiting, we've got no job, no home & know no one there (apart from friends of my parents but we've never met them!)
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Crown Relocations, read lots of good remarks on the forum about them. I'll let you know how they are if you like. Been busy packing suitcases today, everytime i put something in the kids took it out when my back was turned, and they found the new toys i'd hidden to enterain them on the plane!!
At least you've got a job waiting, we've got no job, no home & know no one there (apart from friends of my parents but we've never met them!)

Ive read good things about Crown aswell. Your kids sound like mine, they always seem to undo any job.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I'm sure when your over there everything will slot into place. Where abouts are you going to settle or are you going to decide once over there.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppets
fear not - we came out with the same - no job, no house, had brother in law in Tauranga but we came to chch - within 2 weeks hubby had a job, within 3 weeks we'd found a rental, children were in day care after about 6 weeks and I had a job after about 3 months - all fell into place nicely. We've met some lovely people and the friendships are starting to develop, so it can all work - be prepared, use the info from here and you'll do fine - good luck
Vicki
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:58 am
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about

I hope easter is going to get things moving. Hopefully when the weather picks up people might want to venture out again. How old are your children. Mine are 11 (never sleeps its not cool), 9 (pretents to sleep but really playing with gameboy) and 7 (never bloody sleeps has ADHD).

Where abouts in Auckland is your OH. Mine has got a job in East Tamaki, luckily they are being really patient about him starting.
Morning!

My children are 9, nearly 10 and 7 nearly 8. They are really missing their Dad but we try to webcm every night. We've had Crown in to declutter the house and they have been great and are charging us only a small amount to hold quite a lot of stuff in storage. We have gone from a 20ft to a 40 ft container but the opinion seems to be from those that have made the move is to bring everything!

~My OH works in Ponsonby and he really had to go to get the job started. He loves the life out there but misses us (I think he likes the single life for a change!). We rented for 5 weeks over December/Jan just gone in Ponsonby and really liked it, but we may settle on the North Shore or may be around Whitford depending on what we can get for our money.

Fingers crossed for everything!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Noel and Rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody

Well we are still waiting to move, I fell quite jealous that lots of people with the forum are on the move soon.

We are still trying to sell our bloody house. We have had 2 people around in 9 weeks. The estate agents phoned the other day to say that the market for our price range of house is not moving much at the minute. I felt like saying "no shit".

This forum keeps me entertained and we cannot wait to move. I must admit I am not looking forward to the flight. My husband was going to come out before me, but there is no way I am attempting the flight with my three children. I'd be tempted to throw myself out with or without a parachute.

Any general advice regarding essential to ship out would be greatly appreciated. Or any comments about Auckland would be great

Know how you're feeling - we've been on 5 weeks now and not had one viewing. We were hoping to be out there in August but I really don't see that happening - probably more likely towards Christmas if the market is to be believed.

I'm hoping to move out if I get a job offer and the wife follow me - but it will be a strain on the finances. We've toyed with asking family to sell on our behalf when we're gone, or even just give in and sell to one of these "fast buy" places for a knockdown price...the auction places won't even touch our house as it's too "normal" for them!

Good luck, hopefully it won't take too long!

Noel
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noel and Rachel
Know how you're feeling - we've been on 5 weeks now and not had one viewing. We were hoping to be out there in August but I really don't see that happening - probably more likely towards Christmas if the market is to be believed.

I'm hoping to move out if I get a job offer and the wife follow me - but it will be a strain on the finances. We've toyed with asking family to sell on our behalf when we're gone, or even just give in and sell to one of these "fast buy" places for a knockdown price...the auction places won't even touch our house as it's too "normal" for them!

Good luck, hopefully it won't take too long!

Noel
Hi noel

Its all good fun this house selling business!!!! If we could afford it we would move now and leave the selling bit to somebody else, but its covering the mortgage in the meantime. We even looked at one of fast buy companies, what a rip off. Our house is on the market for £165000, they offered us £120000, who wants to loose 45000 just to move quickly.

We were hoping to have moved by August/Sept aswell as our eldest daughter is due to start secondary school in Sept and we really did'nt want her to have to start at a big new school and then move her to the other side of the world. Then again if the $ keeps going the way it is the conversion rate should be great!!!

Good luck with everything

wardiz
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive read good things about Crown aswell. Your kids sound like mine, they always seem to undo any job.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I'm sure when your over there everything will slot into place. Where abouts are you going to settle or are you going to decide once over there.
My husband is a creative media designer, i haven't worked for 5 yrs, but i'm a fully qualified chef by trade, catering manager & have a dipolma a catering accounting) wmon't work til youngest goes to school in 2 yrs time. May try working at home, but not sure what to do yet.
We will propably settle nr wellington, like the sound of Kapiti coast, but depends on hubby & where he gets a job.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Poppets
fear not - we came out with the same - no job, no house, had brother in law in Tauranga but we came to chch - within 2 weeks hubby had a job, within 3 weeks we'd found a rental, children were in day care after about 6 weeks and I had a job after about 3 months - all fell into place nicely. We've met some lovely people and the friendships are starting to develop, so it can all work - be prepared, use the info from here and you'll do fine - good luck
Vicki
Thanks Vicki, we're quite chilled really, once i've got my son into school in may & his speech therapy sorted i'll be cool.My main stress at the mo is will everything go in the container!!!!! have packed hand luggage, & nearly done suitcases. Party on saturday - hangover on Sunday, packers on Monday :scared: I've got a special little book i've developed using this site, anything i find helpful i jot it down in my book - just pray i don't lose the bloody thing!!