Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Still looking for jobs in new zealand please

Still looking for jobs in new zealand please

Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

bmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nicebmwmick is just really nice
Default Still looking for jobs in new zealand please

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have now started our application to emigrate to New Zealand! We hope to be there in mid July this year, so we are both looking for work, myself as a Staff Nurse (General), community-based if possible, and my partner as a Photocopier/ Network Engineer for Ricoh and Sharp copiers.

Can anyone suggest any avenues to pursue for either. We are looking at the North Island, preferably around Hamilton, but are happy to look at other areas for work/ to live too.

We would be really grateful for any contacts/ advice you could offer.

Michael and Amanda
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:09 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still looking for jobs in new zealand please

Hi there. For nursing I reccommend that you contact a guy called Ben Baker, who works for Clinical One - a health industry staff supplier based in Auckland who deal with all of NZ. email is [email protected]. Let him know that Andy O'Dell from the Christchurch Industrial branch referred you. He is on leave for the next 3 weeks, so don't expect an immediate reply!

As for your other half, my colleague Toni Harris who runs the Hamilton Select Industrial office would be happy to try and assist. Her email is [email protected] - again, mention me when sending over details etc.

I wish you all the best of luck with it!

Regards,

Andy

Last edited by Wiz'n'Ton; Feb 17th 2009 at 12:11 am.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

We used Annie O'Donnell [[email protected]] for my wifes nursing job and she has been fantastic. I can not fault her in any way. Cheryl from iwannagonow also used Tonix and speaks very highly of the consultant she was allocated. She left on valentines day to move over to BoP with her family so may not be on for a week or so. Annie is on holiday this week but feel free to contact her and make a decision once you have spoken to several people.

Were hoping to go to Blenheim at the top of the South Isalnd. Justt waiting fo a decisiom from those nice people at NZ house.

Good luck in whatever you decided to do
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:28 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bmwmick
Hi everyone,

My partner and I have now started our application to emigrate to New Zealand! We hope to be there in mid July this year, so we are both looking for work, myself as a Staff Nurse (General), community-based if possible, and my partner as a Photocopier/ Network Engineer for Ricoh and Sharp copiers.

Can anyone suggest any avenues to pursue for either. We are looking at the North Island, preferably around Hamilton, but are happy to look at other areas for work/ to live too.

We would be really grateful for any contacts/ advice you could offer.

Michael and Amanda
Hi Amanda would you look at Christchurch as a nurse as I my well be able to give you a name to call.. who is in charge of the HR IF SO please pm me.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Denise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to all

As for your other half, my colleague Toni Harris who runs the Hamilton Select Industrial office would be happy to try and assist. Her email is [email protected] - again, mention me when sending over details etc

Andy

I noticed from your post that you were from Christchurch and I take it you also work for Select? We are looking to emigrate and Christchurch is one of our preferred areas. My hubby is a fantastic electrician. He has already submitted his qualifications to the EWRB for assessment. Can I e-mail you his CV ? He's prepared to move ahead of the family if necessary.

Denise
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:50 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Denise. Feel free to PM me and we can go from there.

Cheers,

Andy
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Denise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to allDenise44 is a name known to all

Hi Andy

I've sent you a pm. Look forward to hearing from you.

Denise