step children

Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default step children

Hi Guys,

oh had bit of chat with ex he mentioned that we'd have to pay for her daughter to fly back and see him twice a year, and we can't say no, is this right??? has anyone had any experience like this.

j.j.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:18 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: step children

As far as I know, parties are free to make whatever arrangements suit and are financially possible, unless it is part of court order.

I think if the child/ren are 11 and over you will pay an adult price. At around $2,000 a flight that's a huge undertaking twice a year and a hell of a journey to put a child on alone.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
As far as I know, parties are free to make whatever arrangements suit and are financially possible, unless it is part of court order.

I think if the child/ren are 11 and over you will pay an adult price. At around $2,000 a flight that's a huge undertaking twice a year and a hell of a journey to put a child on alone.
hi,

my thoughts exactly, but aparntly oh ex has been on net, don't know if kids will be comming yet nothing happens till next year,just forward planning.

j.j.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

pangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the rough

There may of course be a bit of bargaining starting here.

My wifes ex suddenly decided that he could not be without his "darling children" and would miss them terribly if we took them away. Up until then of course he had only managed to see them once a year if that.

Turned out that he was happy for them to go as long as he did not have to pay anymore maintenance for them.

I would take legal advice to be sure.

peter
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It does sound like the opening for a bit of bargaining doesn't it.

As far as I am aware only a court order could decree that the child has to make an international long-haul flight twice a year. That happening is doubtful IMVHO as any court order worth it's salt would have the child's best interests at heart .I can't see missing school for weeks to make a twice yearly long haul flight being thought of as in the childs best interests for starters.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:28 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pangor
There may of course be a bit of bargaining starting here.

My wifes ex suddenly decided that he could not be without his "darling children" and would miss them terribly if we took them away. Up until then of course he had only managed to see them once a year if that.

Turned out that he was happy for them to go as long as he did not have to pay anymore maintenance for them.

I would take legal advice to be sure.

peter
Child maintenance is still payable regardless. A lot of people manage to come to an amicable agreement that suits all parties. Whilst the UK CSA has no jurisdiction to enforce payments for 1) parents residing outside UK with non-UK income and 2) kids outside UK with parent still resident in UK with UK income, child maintenance is still payable. The CSA can continue payments of any arrears until such time as they are paid in full.

Other than that there is REMO and the international agreement of Hague convention countries. You can apply via REMO to have a UK court order for maintenance enforced in any Hague convention country or you can apply via REMO for the country of residence to make and enforce such an order.