STEP CHILDREN

Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: STEP CHILDREN

Good to hear everything went well with the solicitor...
We also thought about having a quick recci to NZ,but like yourself not sure...Got enough to pay out....
We submitted an EOI last week,as i have said in earlier threads,we have some time on our hands(originally doing a WTR ) anyway we have been picked out,also my wife has received a letter from her employer,(which is for our solicitor.) that they will provide some accommodation up on our arrival,which i suppose is one less thing to worry about..

So now its the waiting game.....
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one. My kids have been out to NZ twice before but not been into any of the schools. Still thinking about it and whether it'll be money well spent or no.
Any reaction from the ex re the letter?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

No news about the letter yet....although he has received it.....,back at solicitors next week for the follow up,if no reply.... Deep joy!!!!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:29 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by squiddley
hi,thanks for your reply my step children are aged 6 and 12, their father lives in the south of England, I do know what you mean ......I really need to think about that one. their father lives in a two bedroom flat, don't relish the thought of my children being passed from pillar to post while he's at work.

Hello Sid

I have been following this thread and have nothing of any concrete help to say, but as it will be a long drawn out process I have decided Moral support is also important. I love the way you refer to the children as your children and so they they are in every important way. Anyone can father a child but to be a father you need to be their to raise them to help then out and when the crunch comes fight for the children.

Keep on fighting Sid and Lisa
Pauline
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:38 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Sid and Lisa / j19fmm

Where in NZ are you thinking of moving too? Any expats in the area of your choice may be able to help in some way as to character of area etc etc.

I'm certain I'm not the only one following this thread with sympathy, my heart goes out to you all.

fight the good fight

Pauline
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pauline...
Thanks for your words of support,yeah i guess it will be drawn out..
Only time will tell..What pisses me off still though???:curse: Is that he still hasn't asked the girls what they think about going to NZ.What i think is,and this is my own opinion,is that he is doing this to get at my wife (him being the ex),because not once have we stopped or limited the contact,in fact we have asked him to see them more..... but we get the excuses as to why not.
No one stops him from moving around ,doing what he likes.But he can have the power to stop everything...Dont get me wrong,yes it is good that their has to be legal procedures in place for this kind of situation...
And as you say'anyone can be a father,but it takes someone special to be a dad....
Anyway thats what i think...Phew got that one off my chest,time for brekki
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:05 am
lionheart

Unfortunately children can become a weapon, I don't usually give opinions but if your wife initiated the divorce he may still be bitter. The old saying goes:
When a man divorces a woman she knows what went wrong but when a woman divorces a man he has no idea why.

Will keep on watching this thread, rooting for you all. If you feel like a good old moan, have one, it's quite refreshing to voice what is rattling around in our heads.

Enjoy life
Pauline
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

newt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant futurenewt has a brilliant future

Hell's bells, I thought it was bad enough when we (self and ex) moved to the South Island in '94, told her ex (father of the kids) we were thinking about it last thing on the Tuesday night, and hit the road first thing (0430) on the Thursday morning, so there wasn't much he could do about it anyway

I can't speak specifically, but in general terms, if you're here, and the kids are happy, the New Zealand Courts and Social Welfare will see that as their first priority. It's highly unlikely that they would support, follow, or enforce, any removal order from an overseas jurisdiction. What the kids think and feel is where they start from, and they will interview them; if they're happy about being here, and they say so, and everyone has clean criminal records, then the odds of him getting them back, against your collective will, are effectively nil.

Good luck.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 12:22 am
lionheart

Keep your moral up, keep on gathering that evidence, you know it's worth it.

Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

We will.....
Still no news from the ex yet,the seven days are up today,so i guess its the start of round 2...ding ding ....
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:53 am
lionheart

I thought the 7 days were about up, hopefully he has ignored the letter and this should go in your favour. If he was really serious he would have acted. Hopefully he is just 'yanking your chain', I know this is not nice but the good side would be that he is not serious. Hope that sound right.

Have you heard from j19fmm lately, how is his case going.

Thinking of your
Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
Have you heard from j19fmm lately, how is his case going.

Thinking of your
Pauline
Pauline!!I'm a she not a he Hope that doesn't make you change your mind?
Really can't get to NZ to do another recce this summer, it's only 5 months since we last went. Will look towards going again at christmas and try and get there early enough to get in to the schools. Bit of a bonus that youngest child says he definately doesn't want to be left here with dad. He wants to give it a go for at least a year, so I'm still evidence gathering and daughter is working on her dad!!
Look forward to the next installment squiddley. Good luck
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:05 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Pauline!!I'm a she not a he Hope that doesn't make you change your mind?
Really can't get to NZ to do another recce this summer, it's only 5 months since we last went. Will look towards going again at christmas and try and get there early enough to get in to the schools. Bit of a bonus that youngest child says he definately doesn't want to be left here with dad. He wants to give it a go for at least a year, so I'm still evidence gathering and daughter is working on her dad!!
Look forward to the next installment squiddley. Good luck
Makes no difference at all. It all helps, children can have a lot of influence when old enough.

Where in NZ are you going.
Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi again, sorry didn't relise OH was signed in so had to delete my reply.
So, we hope to end up in Cambridge. I have my Uncle on the North Shore in Auckland, one cousin in Helensville, one cousin in Hamilton, one cousin in Auckland central, one cousin in Palmerston North and one cousin wandering NZ inspecting her navel! So I am very lucky with lots of family support.
Thank you for your kind words and support, it really means a lot to us
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi....
guess what.....the ex rang tonight...mmmmm,its only took him 3 weeks since he last seen the girls....And you know what..He still hasn't asked them what they want to do ,sorry i do apologize,he did ask ask how they were...
IT'S THE FIRST TIME HE HAS RANG TO ASK HOW THEY ARE DOING..B*****D

I could go on forever about this,my wife and i just want this over so we can all move on,if he got his head round this and thought long and hard,and thinking about himself,couldn't he get a visa? because he has children out in NZ?????? Food for thought...
I guess asking him if i can adopt his children is out of the question....ONE DAY
Time for bed.... tomorrow is going to be a good day...a very good day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.